Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Catering - Just Starting Out

Posted by lachele (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 4, 08 at 18:51

Hi, I have been reading everyone's posts and you all seem to have good advice. I am just starting a little party service. Nothing big and just word of mouth. My work asked me to cater our holiday party and I am just wondering your thoughts on our menu and what portions I should prepare for a buffet of about 25 people. They weren't into "Fancy" sounding food :) But I am so while this is "normal" food I am very open to any fun ideas for future events. Thanks so much for your help! La'Chele

Appetizers:
Sushi- various kinds
Stuffed mushrooms
Bruchetta - two kinds
Spinach Artichoke dip with Pita Chips
Deviled Eggs
Lumpia- Philipino Egg rolls very tasty

Dinner:
Bowtie pasta - 3 sauces
- Alfredo
- Marinara
- Pesto

Salad:
Caesar

Dessert:
Mini Cheesecakes
Individual French Silk Pies
Individual Lemon Meringue Pies

Drinks:
Water Punch with Cranberries
Lemonade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Catering - Just Starting Out

The site below should be able to help with quantities, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growlies for Groups

o

My thought is that you have too many appetizers; four should be enough with the rest of your menu and I would make one of them some fruit or veggies with a low fat dip for those looking for something healthy. Just my opinion.

Teresa

o

Thanks! I can drop the deviled eggs and Lumpia but the others they were pretty set on. Unfortunatley I tried to offer veggies but they only wanted the salad. So I think I am stuck there this time but I am glad for the input for future events.

La'Chele

Thanks for the site Ginger

o

Lovely menu but is this a vegetarian crowd? I'd loose the deviled eggs , doesn't fit with the rest of the appetizers in my mind. As Linda said I'd try and work in smoked salmon or maybe prosciutto and melon.

Again I love the choice of pasta sauces but I would also have a a meat selection for those who want. Meatballs would be nice .

o

For some parties that I wanted to use deviled eggs or a version thereof? After hard boiling the eggs & cutting them in half crossways (so they're deeper than longer)-and slice off a tiny end so they stand properly...I'd use the yolks in either ham salad or finely diced chicken salad & place a tiny amount in the egg white 'cups'..add a tiny sprig of parsley for color.
When I make stuffed mushrooms-instead of the bread stuffing-I make sharp cheddar cheese balls (finely grated sharp cheese, cayenne pepper, beaten egg whites & salt).. then rolled in bread crumbs, then freeze them until serving time. The day of...I lightly sautee my caps in margarine, drain & dry -place on a cookie sheet-add the cheese ball & bake for about 10-15 min. until the cheese has just melted a bit Delish!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here