Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardener972

LOOKING for: Non-sticking sugar cookie

Gardener972
16 years ago

Is there such a thing? We just made sugar cookies and they were the biggest disaster! The dough was too soft and fell apart or squished together when trying to get them off the counter to put them in a pan. We refrigerated the dough, used lots of flour, everything we were supposed to do. Also, when they baked, they all baked into each other so you can't tell what they are. Help!

Comments (4)

• lindac
    16 years ago

You needed to add more flour....and refrigerate the dough.
    Here's the recipe I use....But someone emailed me and said she thought they were tough...never had that complaint...but they are crisp!
    Sugar cookies:
    1 cup of butter
    2 cups of sugar
    Cream together and add
    2 eggs beaten with 2 T milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla ( I like a bit more)
    Mix with the butter mix
    Add 3 cups flour mixed with 1/2 tsp salt....and as much as 1/2 cup more flour until it's stiff enough to roll out
    Make flat patties, wrap and refrigerate for an hour or longer....
    Dust board with flour and roll and cut...
    Bake 375 for 8 to 10 minutes....I use parchment on the cookie sheets....if you don't have parchment....lightly grease the sheets.
    The absence of baking powder keeps them from rising and keeps the cookies true to the shape of the cutter.....and makes them crisp

• cookie8
    16 years ago

Here's mine...
    3/4 cup of butter (I use hard margarine)
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 1/4 cup sifted flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    Cream sugar and butter, then add eggs and vanilla, then flour with powder and salt.
    Chill the dough, roll a bit at time on lightly floured surface. Cut with cutter dipped in flour.
    Bake 10-15 at 350.
    I've also made with margarine. It's a little more difficult but works out and holds it's shape when baked. It's also a less sweet sugar cookie which I like, besides they usually get iced for those who like the sweetness.

• roselin32
    16 years ago

This is the recipe that I use and frequently make up the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it until I need it but it isn't necessary and have never had a problem with them.
    This is the only sugar cookie recipe I use.......no matter how many times you re-roll the dough, it never gets tough.
    Great for what you are planning.
    Sugar Cookies
    3c flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 c butter or margarine
    pinch of salt
    Mix all together like piecrust dough cutting the butter into the dry ingredients.
    Then add:
    1 c sugar
    2 beaten eggs
    1 tsp vanilla.
    Chill dough. Preheat oven to 375°, roll and cut cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes.
    I always double this recipe and then frost and decorate.
    RL`

• janie_va
    16 years ago

I stopped trying to make rolled-out cookies until I was given this recipe by an elderly neighbor over 25 years ago. It's the only one I'll make now.

Sugar Cookies (No Stick!)

2 cups sifted flour -- divided
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco shortening
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 Tablespoon milk or cream

Mix and sift 1 1/2 c. flour, baking powder and salt. Cream shortening; add sugar, egg, vanilla and cream. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add remaining flour to make very stiff dough. Can be chilled, but not necessary. Roll out on floured board and cut with floured cutters. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes on ungreased sheets.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz