Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: 8 lb. boneless pork loin on rotisserie

Posted by cuffs054 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 07 at 17:28

I want to cook a 8 lb. boneless tied loin on my Farberware indoor rotisserie. Any one got any ideas on time? Recipies would be great also

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: 8 lb. boneless pork loin on rotisserie

Cuff's does your rotisserie (oven) have a manual? My Ronco does and when I can get it out, I'll post what it says on a per pound timing. A marinade coating I always use on pork loin is this:

Mix Paul Newman's olive oil and vinegar salad dressing with Grey P. mustard or the other brand that has champagne in it (can't think of name) Starts with an M, I think. Anyway, just NOT a hot mustard or a regular hotdog mustard. I can't really tell you ratios but the consistency will be like a little thicker than salad dressing. Maybe the ratio is like 50/50 or so. Taste it, shouldn't be over mustardy,,just a kick. My SIL started me on this and I keep a jar of this Mustard and that salad dressing just for this marinade. Maybe for the R. oven you'll want it a little thicker but I've done mine on Rotisserie with this marinade and it comes out great. Good luck.

o
RE: RECIPE: 8 lb. boneless pork loin on rotisserie

Just a suggestion, but pork is so lean now, that they tend to dry out, especially boneless. Try brining it in the same brine you would use for a turkey, unless of course you use some exotic brine, for your turkey. It really does help keep them moist. I have not cook one on the rotissorie, so can't help you on time. Often you can find information on the product website, so check Fabreware, to see if they might have a time guide.I personally think you might be asking a bit much to make one this size without drying out the ends before the center is done. Good luck in getting it like you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here