Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl70ks

LOOKING for: a T&T spinach quiche

flowergirl70ks
15 years ago

I lost my recipe for this somewhere when we moved-I need a good one badly.

Comments (5)

• angelaid
    15 years ago

This was really good.

From Dale at the KTT

Spinach Quiche Recipe

Spinach Quiche

1/2 cup butter
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
    1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
    1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 cup milk
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    2 In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
    3 In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
    4 Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.

• lindac
    15 years ago

My recipe is similar but my method different.
    In 4 T butter, saute
    4 T finely chopped onion and
    2 tsp chopped garlic
    And 4 oz fresh mushrooms finely chopped.
    While the veggies are sauteeing, drain and squeeze dry a 10 oz bag of frozen chopped spinach....chop the spinach further on a board....and add to the sauteeing veggies.
    Turn off the heat and stir to combine and add 3 oz of cream cheese, cubed and stir until mixed.
    Place the spinach mix into the pie crust and add 2 cups of shredded cheese....the better the cheese the better the quiche. I use Cabot aged white chedder and aged Swiss cheese.
    Beat together 4 eggs and a cup of milk with a tsp of worchestershire and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Pour over the cheese in the pie shell, dust the top with crumbled dry parsley and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
    Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
    Linda C

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

SPINACH YOGURT QUICHE
    Pastry for 9" pie
    1 TBL oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
    1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
    2 egg, beaten
    1 pkg (10 Oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & pressed to remove excess water
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 tsp flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    Paprika

Lien a 9" pie plate with the pastry. In a skillet, heat the oil & saute the onions & mushrooms, if using, until tender. spread over the bottom of the crust, then sprinkle w/the cheese. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, flour, salt, pepper & nutmeg & pour over the onions & cheese. Sprinkle the top w/paprika & bake in a preheated 350° oven for 45-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.~~VT Symphony Cookbook

• flowergirl70ks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all-my grandson will be coming home from Iraq soon and has asked for vege soup, potato salad, and of all things, this spinach quiche. No desserts, which surprises me.

• benflower
    13 years ago

Linda,
    I saw an old posting with your spinach quiche recipe. It looks so good. I was thinking about adding proscuitto (sp) and maybe red or green bell pepper to the recipe. Should I saute this with the onion and garlic? And do you think this would be adding too many ingredients to the recipe? Also, is this for a 9" deep dish or regular crust, and do you do anything to keep the crust from getting soggy, or does it work well with a raw crust?

Thanks for your help. I am planning to make this for a friend's birthday next week. I appreciate your response.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations