Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Recipe: Reindeer cookies (so cute!!)

Posted by jackiwolfe (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 5, 06 at 16:06

These were so cute I just had to share them! Go to the link at the bottom and LOOK at these things! So cute!!

Reindeer Cookies

These cute little cookies are sure to be a big hit with the kids this year. Don't forget to leave Santa some with a big glass of milk! Easy to make and super fun to eat. Give some as gifts, great for teachers!

1 roll of pre-made sugar cookie dough
small pretzel rings
M & Ms
1 bell shaped cookie cutter
flour
baking sheet

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Open cookie dough and mix in about 1/4 cup of flour to make the dough a stiffer consistency. Lightly flour the table, then roll the dough out to 3/4 inch thickness.

Using the bell cookie cutter, cut out 12 bell cookies - this will vary depending on how thick you roll out the cookies. Lay the cookies, all the same way with bell facing you, onto the cookie sheet. Now, turn the cookie sheet around so that the bells are upside down. This is your reindeer face! Place a red M&M in his nose and one pretzel on each side of his head for the ears. (See photo)

Bake for 10 minutes or until very lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

These make great Christmas party favors!

http://www.familycorner.com/family/kids/recipes/reindeer_cookies.shtml

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Recipe: Reindeer cookies (so cute!!)

I sent you're site on to my girls -- who are always looking for easy things to do with their kids. This should be fun.

o

My GD will be here this weekend, I think we'll make these. So cute!

I do wonder about something in the recipe, though. It says to roll the dough out to 3/4 inch thickness. Three quarters of an inch is REALLY thick. I'll probably do mine more like 3/8.

o

Sorry for the error, it should be 1/4 inch thick, not 3/4. I have corrected the recipe online. Thanks! :)

Amanda
FamilyCorner.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Reindeer Cookie recipe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here