Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Egg Nog Breakfast Casserole

Posted by caliloo (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 05 at 15:36

Hey all!

Last Xmas I made an Egg Nog Breakfast casserole and can't find my recipe. It was one of those that you make the night before then bake in a 9 x 13 pan the following morning.

Can someone please repost the recipe?

Thanks

Alexa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Egg Nog Breakfast Casserole

Is is it this one?

Egg Nog-Sweet Potato Casserole

* 4 cups canned sweet potatoes
* 2 T melted butter
* 1 cup egg nog
* 6 pineapple slices
* 2 T brown sugar

Whip sweet potatoes until smooth and fluffy. Add butter, egg nog and salt to taste. Beat well.

Spoon into casserole dish. Top with pineapple slices. Sprinkle brown sugar over

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375

Here is a link that might be useful: More recipes...

o

WOW! no - that wasn;t it, but it shure sounds interesting.

The one I was thinkging of was made with challa and egg nog - like the French Toast casseroles. It had a caramel sauce with rum (or whiskey) as the syrup.

Hmmmmm... I may have to resort to.... cookbook search LOL! And ehre I thought EVERYTHING was available online! LOL!

Alexa

o

I have this on my to try list as your recipe, but no mention of rum or caramel syrup? Is this the one one you wanted?
HTH!

Eggnog French Toast (Caliloo/Alexa)

1 loaf French bread, sliced 3/4 inch thick

1 1/2 cup eggnog
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter,
4 eggs, beaten
ground nutmeg, to taste
ground cinnamon, to taste

In a large bowl or deep casserole dish, mix egg nog, milk, eggs and spices.

Dip each slice of bread in the mixture. Let soak for a minute but do not let the bread get soggy.

Heat a covered skillet on medium with a little butter, margarine or non-stick cooking spray. Place a few dipped bread slices into the skillet and cover.

In about 1 minute check the French toast (lifting with a spatula) to see if it is French toast is slightly browned. Adjust the burner heat if necessary. When the first side is browned, flip and brown the other side. Make sure to again cover the skillet.

Enjoy with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar), cinnamon, and a little fresh fruit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here