Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Fruitcake made with mincemeat, tried & true???

Posted by Teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 05 at 14:54

I tasted some fruitcake today that included mincemeat in the ingredients and really liked it - since I love mincemeat. Does anyone here have a tried and true recipe they could post?

Thanks in advance,
Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Fruitcake made with mincemeat, tried & true???

I'm not a mincemeat fan but I made this and rated it good. It's from Heinz Co.

Mincemeat Fruitcake

1 lb. mincemeat
1/2 lb. candied fruit
1 cup chopped nuts
3/4 lb. raisins, scalded
1 teas. vanilla (I used 2)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
2 cups flour, sifted
1 teas. baking soda dissolved in 1 Tbsp. boiling water
2 egg whites, beaten stiff

Mix together in order given. Bake in well greased tube pan or 2 loaf pans at 300 for 1 hour. Increase heat to 325 until done. Cool 30 min. in pan.

note: the woman who shared this with me makes it just before Thanksgiving and ages it in a wine cloth. She sometimes uses dried apricots or/and dates and extra nuts.

o

Thanks, Iris gal! I think I would like that with chopped dates and apricots to replace the candied fruit, which is what I don't like about fruitcake.

Teresa

o

Teresa, I make mine with mincemeat, dates, and raisins just as you mentioned. It also has sweeten condensed milk and lots of brandy. I will look for it, the recipe was on my PC that I donated without getting my recipes off of the hard drive first. I hope I have it on hard copy, it was my T & T recipe before computers.

o

I am also looking for a recipe for mincement fruitcake. It had 1 jar of mincemeat;nuts;1 large container of any type candied fruits and 2 boxes of quick bread mix-such as banana nut, bluebaerry, etc.

If anyone has EVER made this PLEASE send me the recipe. Thanx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here