Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Potato, Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Gratin

Posted by khandi (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 30, 06 at 14:48

Can't remember where I got this recipe, but we enjoyed it!

Potato, Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Gratin

Serves 4

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups yellow onions (half rounds sliced thin)
8 large red potatoes (peeled & sliced inch)
8 oz. pkg Montrachet or other goat cheese
1 cup milk
6 pats unsalted butter (2-3 Tbsp)
1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt & pepper to taste

In a skillet, heat oil and saute onions, thyme and salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until the onions are golden brown. In the meantime, boil the potatoes for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then arrange of them in the bottom of a 2 quart pyrex or ceramic baking dish. Overlap the potato rounds as they are placed in the dish.

Sprinkle parsley over potatoes and then layer on the onion mixture. Then crumble the goat cheese over the onion layer and then add the last layer of potatoes. Dot the top with the pats of butter and salt and pepper. Pour in milk and bake in a 425 degree oven until golden brown on top. About 30 minutes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Potato, Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Gratin

Thank you for posting this - I have all of the ingredients and have been searching my brain for something to serve with a beef rib roast on New Year's Eve. My husband will love it (and so will I!)

seagrass

o

Oh this sounds wonderful!

I am going to make this on Sat when I have a few friends over for dinner -

Alexa

o

I agree. This sounds wonderful and decadent. I just happen to have goat cheese on hand too. I'll save this recipe for the next time my son is home. He would love this.

Thanks Khandi.

Ann

o

So......on a scale of 1-10..........what did you think???????????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here