Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldpea

RECIPE: Need Deviled Ham or Potted Meat recipe.

oldpea
15 years ago

I would like to make my own Deviled Ham spread or Potted meat from the leftover Christmas ham.

Anyone know how to do this?

Comments (5)

• lindac
    15 years ago

Grind it up and mix it with a little mayo.
    Some of the old recipes will have you grind it up and mx with ground lard or smoked pork fat to make it spreadable....I prefer mayo.
    Add some grated onion if you wish some dijon mustard or Coleman's dry mustard....you can add horse radish.
    The main recipe is ground ham and mayo....add seasonings as you wish.
    Linda c

• blizlady
    15 years ago

Here is a recipe that I have made from allrecipes. We really like it. I use a Pampered Chef food chopper instead of a food processor. But if you use a food processor, make sure you pulse the meat just to finely chop it so it doesn't turn mushy.

Ham Spread

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pound cooked ham
    1/3 cup chopped onions
    2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
    1 teaspoon prepared mustard
    1/4 cup Miracle Whip
    DIRECTIONS:
    Cut up ham to put into food processor, grind on pulse until very coarse. Add the onion and dill pickle relish close to the end of this stage. Put into mixing bowl and add mustard and creamy salad dressing; mix well.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

I've made this one from Bella online & it's really good. You can add or subtract whatever you want to use or not use in it:
    DEVILED HAM

1/2 pound baked ham, cut into 1/2-inch dice
    3 scallions or green onions, minced
    1/4 cup sour cream
    2 tablespoons Creole mustard or Dijon
    2 medium celery ribs, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
    1 1/2 teaspoons minced tarragon
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sweet cayenne pepper
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Hot sauce and/or 1/4 small habanero, jalapeno or Serrano chili, seeded and minced (wear gloves)
    Worcestershire sauce to taste
    Optional add-in: sweet pickle relish
    Optional add-in: 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

In a food processor, pulse the ham until finely chopped. Add the scallions and blend.

In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. Fold in the blended ham mixture, celery, tarragon and cayenne. Add in chopped chilis to desired heat level, then cool back down with sweet pickle relish and some mayonnaise. Season with salt and black pepper. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce then, taste and add a few dashes of hot sauce. Set aside for at least 10 minutes before serving. Preferably, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight to instill the flavors.

• orie
    15 years ago

Grind it up, mix onions and some garlic and cream cheese... kinda like a spread. Put it on crackers or as a sandwich. Really good.

• oldpea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much :)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling