Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftyshe

RECIPE: What are you baking for Christmas?

craftyshe
14 years ago

I love to see what everyone is making. Please share the recipes too.Thanks you.

Comments (23)

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

MERRY MERINGUES (about 5 dozen)
    2 egg whites, room temperature
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1 cup chopped nuts
    3 TBL crushed peppermint candy

Preheat oven to 250 (NOT 350°). Lightly grease 2 or more baking sheets. Using a mixer, beat the whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Add the salt & cream of tartar & continue beating until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 TBL at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the meringue is stiff. Fold in the vanilla, chocolate chips, nuts & candy.
    Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1/2" apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake 40 minutes. Remove to cake racks to cool.~~

Marlen's Chubby Hubby Cookies
    2 cups butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
    2 large eggs
    2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 12 oz pkg peanut butter chips
    1 cup salted peanuts
    2 cups crushed pretzels*

Preheat oven to 350* degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips, peanuts and pretzels. Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. bake 10-13 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake. Cool one minute on cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire racks. Store tightly in covered container.
    Source: Bob Zotto, Bruker AXS Cookbook
    Note from Marlen: The pretzels should be about the size of the chocolate chips, not pulverized. You want to taste bits of pretzel as you munch. This is a crunchy cookie. I use a food processor and just pulse until the desired size is achieved.

Lemon bars may not be very "holiday-ish" but they're popular here in the Caribbean:

LEMON BARS DELUXE
    2 1/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
    2 sticks butter
    4 beaten eggs
    2 cups granulated sugar
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together 2 cups of the flour & the confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture clings together. Press the dough into a 13x9x2" baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
    Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, granulated sugar & lemon juice. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup flour with the baking powder; stir into the egg mixture & pour over the hot baked crust. Bake for 25 minutes longer. Remove from the oven & sprinkle w/confectioners' sugar. Cool. Cut into squares.~~From Mountain Measures.

• roselin32
    14 years ago

MUST have these:
    Raspberry Bars ~
    2 1/2c all purpose flour
    1 c sugar
    1 c chopped pecans OR walnuts
    1 c butter, softened
    1 egg
    1 10 jar raspberry preserves

Preheat oven to 350°

Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except preserves. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly about 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 c of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into baking pan.
    Spread preserves to within 1/2" from edges of the unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mix over preserves.
    Bake for 40-50 minutes or til lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.

• roselin32
    14 years ago

This is a new one I found over on the Cooking Light forum.
    These are excellent!
    Snickerdoodle Blondies

adapted from Dozen Flours
    posted from Crepes of Wrath

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cups packed brown sugar
    1 cup butter, room temperature
    2 eggs, at room temperature
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    a pinch nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it's best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.~

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

These are Christmas staples at my house

MINCEMEAT SUGAR COOKIES

1 ½ cups flour
    1 ½ tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp salt

1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg beaten
    3 tbsp milk
    1/2 tsp. almond (or vanilla) flavoring
    Mincemeat

In measuring cup mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream butter and slowly add sugar, beating between additions, add egg and beat in. Mix flavoring with milk, add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients. Roll ¼ inch thick on a floured board. Cut in rounds with cookie cutter.

You will make sandwich cookies with these, so place mincemeat on 1 round and leave one plain.

Bake @ 375 for 8 10 minutes
    Cookies are done when firm but still very pale.

After removing from the oven While still warm place one of the plain ones on top of the mincemeat to make a sandwich. Sprinkle the tops with sugar.

MARY'S WHIPPED SHORTBREAD

1 cup of butter--beat for 2 minutes and add
    1/2 cup of icing sugar
    1 1/2 cups flour

Beat with an electric mixer for 10 minutes. Drop by teaspoonsful on an ungreased cookie sheet.

While the dough is mixing cut up some candied cherries. Press a piece of cherry in the center of each cookie.

Bake @350 until edges are slightly brown but cookie is still white--8 to 10 minutes.

Because there is so much air beaten into them these cookies are light as a feather and just melt in your mouth.

• kr222
    14 years ago

I will be baking LOTS of cookies. Since we can't really afford to spend a lot on presents for my husbands large family, my four-year old son and I will be giving out cookies. I recently went through my recipes and typed them up. I posted them on my new website. I'll see if I can cut and paste them. In the meantime, you can see them at the link below. I have a terrible sweet tooth, so some recipes are quite rich. Others are healthier versions like my fat-free banana walnut cookies and soft pumpkin cookies. I hope some of you can find something you like.

Thanks for sharing your recipes as well. I'm drooling over some of them right now. Maybe they'll get "in the mix" this year.... I know. I'm such a dork. :)

Happy Holiday Baking Everyone!
    Kim

• woodie
    14 years ago

I don't do a lot of holiday baking, but I do have a few must haves - and since the grands will be here for New Year, I'll probably be adding to this list. There is one yummy chocolate meringue cookie (my grandma's recipe) that I must have hiding somewhere - its a must have for me and I'll find it!

BUTTER BALLS

1 cup butter, softened
    1/4 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
    2 cups flour
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1-2 cups nuts, finely chopped

1 cup powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

Process first 5 ingredients in food processor and chill in fridge.
    Roll into 1/2 inch balls, place on greased cookie sheet (I prefer to use parchment paper)
    Bake @ 325 for 20 minutes.
    Roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture while still hot
    Roll again in more of the cinnamon sugar when serving

RICOTTA CHEESE COOKIES

2 cups sugar
    1 cup margarine or butter (2 sticks) softened
    1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
    3 tablespoons milk
    colored sugar crystals

1. Preheat oven to 350º. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and margarine or butter until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla and eggs until well combined.

2. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until dough forms.

3. Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). With pancake turner, remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.

Mix remaining ingredients and frost the cookies. Sprinkle colored sugar on them while the icing is still soft.

(Woodies note - heavy dough, use Kitchen Aid.)

TOFFEE SQUARES

1 cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 egg yolk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3 to 4 milk chocolate bars (7/8 ounces each)
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350.
    Mix butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until dough is well blended. Spread in a rectangle about 13 x 10 inches on greased baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch all around edges. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 or until nicely browned. Crust will still be soft. Remove from oven. Immediately place separated squares of chocolate on top of hot crust. Let stand until soft; then spread evenly over entire surface. Sprinkle with nuts while still warm then cut into small squares while warm.
    Makes 6 to 7 dozen squares

Sharon's Peppermint Bark

1 lb bittersweet chocolate
    8 drops peppermint oil
    1 lb chopped white chocolate
    3/4 cup chopped candy canes

Line a 11 X 17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside

Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heavy pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in 4 drops of peppermint oil. Spread evenly over pan and chill for about 1 hour.

Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 4 drops of peppermint oil and then add in candy cane.

Spread white chocolate over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the egde of the pan. Chill 4 hours.

Refrigerate just until just before serving then break into pieces. Will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks ( yeah right!!! LOL)

Diane's (Craftyrn)
    Tiger Bark
    ===========
    1 Cup milk chocolate chips
    2 Cups (12 ounces) vanilla milk chips or almond bark
    2 Cups peanut butter chips
    1/2 Cup chopped peanuts

Line jellyroll pan with foil. In microwave, melt 3 types of chips
    separately, stirring until smooth. Pour melted peanut butter chips into
    prepared pan, spreading level. Sprinkle on peanuts. Pour melted vanilla and
    chocolate chips on top, drizzling each randomly. To marbleize, use knife to
    pull through chocolate in wide curves. Refrigerate until set. Break into
    squares .

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

Craftyshe, what are you baking?

• craftyshe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've made:

~*~Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Cups~*~

3 C. rolled oats
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1 cup flour
    1 t. Kosher salt
    1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped fine
    1/3 cup pecans, chopped fine
    1 1/2 t. cinnamon
    1 cup butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350°. In a stand mixer, mix all of the above ingredients until they come together in a ball. Divide dough evenly into 36 balls, about 1 1/4 inches in size. Place balls in greased muffin tins and tamp down with a tart press until the crust is formed into a small well. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in tins. If you try to get them out while hot, they will break. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each cup and pop out.

White Chocolate Filling:
    2 cups white chocolate chips
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 t. vanilla extract

In a small sauce pan over low heat, heat milk and chips until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Fill each oatmeal crust with filling and let cool. Place in air-tight container at room temperature. Makes 36 cookies.

~*~MOUND BARS ~*~

2 c. crushed graham crackers

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 c. butter, melted

Mix together and bake in 9x13 inch pan in 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Mix 2 cups coconut with 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Spread on top of baked crust. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.

Melt 1 (12 oz.) package chocolate chips . Spread on top.Cool then cut into bars.

~*~Hello Dolly Bars~*~

1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk(NOT evaporated milk)

2 cups (12-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350° degrees . In 13x9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter; pour Sweetened Condensed Milk evenly over crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars . Store at room temperature.

• craftyshe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

~*~Mexican Hot Chocolate Balls~*~

1c.butter,softened
    1 ¼ c. powdered sugar
    ½ c.unsweetened cocoa powder
    1tsp.vanilla
    2c. flour
    1tsp.ground cinnamon
    1c.toasted pecans,finely chopped

350°oven.Beat butter in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.Beat in ½ c. of powdered sugar, ¼ c. cocoa powder & vanilla until combined.Beat in flour with mixer.Stir in ½ tsp. cinnamon & the nuts.

Shape dough into 1inch balls.Place balls 2inch. Apart on ungreased cookie sheet.Bake for 18 to 20 min.or until bottoms are lightly browned.Cool to wire rack.

Combine remaining ¾ c. powdered sugar & remaining ¼ c.unsweetened cocoa powder & ½ tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl.Roll cooled cookies in the sugar mixture.Makes about 48.

~*~ Snowball Cookies ~*~

2c.flour

2c.finely chopped pecans

1/4 c. sugar

1c. butter (softened)

1tsp.vanilla

powdered sugar

Heat oven 350°.In lrg. Mixer bowl combine all ingr. (except powdered sugar)Beat at low speed until well mixed (3 to 4 min.) Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.

Place 1inch apart on cookie sheets.Bake for 18 to 25 min. or until very lightly browned. Cool 5 min:roll in powdered sugar. Yield 3 doz.

~*~Raspberry Bars~*~

2 ¼ c. flour
    1c. sugar
    1c.chopped pecans
    1c. butter (softened)
    1 egg
    1 (10oz.) jar (3/4c ) raspberry preserves

Heat oven 350°.In large. Mixing bowl combine all ingr. (except raspberry preserves) Beat at low speed until well mixed 2 to 3 min. Reserve 1 1/2 c. crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture on into greased 8-inch square pan: Spread with preserves to 1/2 inch of edge. Crumble reserved mixture over preserves. Bake for 40 to 50 min or until lightly browned.

Cool completely :cut into bars. Yield: 25 bars.

~*~Fudge Krispies~*~

1pkg (2c.) milk chocolate chips ( not semi -sweet )
    ½ c. marg.
    ½ c.light corn syrup
    2 tsp.vanilla extract
    1c.sifted powered sugar
    4c.Rice Krispies cereal

Combine choc.,marg & corn syrup in med. saucepan .Stir over low heat until melted & smooth. Remove from heat.Stir in vanilla and sugar. Add cereal Mixing lightly until well coated. Spread evenly in 13x9x2 inch pan. Chill until firm. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Store in refr. 48 squares.~~~These are sooo good~~~

Taste like a Nestle Crunch !

~*~Toffee Cookies~*~

1 sleeve saltine crackers
    1 cup brown sugar, packed
    2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
    1 c.Butter
    1c. finely chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 400*. Cover a small cookie sheet with sides with foil; spray with Pam. Melt butter & brown sugar in a med. saucepan and cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring often. Place all crackers on foil. Pour sugar mixture on crackers and spread evenly.

Bake 5 minutes. Mixture should boil but not burn. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top. Set a bread board over pan and let set 3 min.Remove bread board .Spread choc.chips with spatula as frosting a cake. Sprinkle Nuts on top ,press slightly.Place in refrg. About 1 hour.Break into pieces.Store in refrg.

**People can't Believe that this is crackers! I have also done it with Butterscotch chips & nuts,White choc.or milk choc. with crushed candy canes:-)

This is a must in my house to make.

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

I'd like to try those Toffee Cookies for sure!

• craftyshe
    Original Author
    14 years ago

~*~Nutter Butter Balls~*~

1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken¡¦ use cookie with the cream center)

1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)

chocolate bark

Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.

Combine with cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.

Roll the mixture into 1¡È balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.

Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.

Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!

Makes about 30 balls.

~*~Cookie Dough Truffles~*~

1 c. soft butter
    1- ¨ö c. brown sugar, packed
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    ¨ö tsp salt
    2 c. all-purpose flour
    1 T water
    6 oz pkg. mini chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well by hand. Roll into bite size balls. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Store in a plastic ziploc bag in the freezer. Makes 4 dozen.

Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before eating.

**I dip them in Chocolate**1c.choc. chip melted with 1Tbsp shortening.Also dizzled white melted choc. On top!

~*~Oreo Truffles~*~

1 large package Oreos (NOT double stuff)

1 (8-oz.) cream cheese

White or chocolate almond bark

Crush Oreos in food processor until fine (can be done in a
    blender also). Combine room temperature cream cheese in Oreo crumbs.
    Ross into small balls and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Dip in melted white or chocolate almond bark.
    Makes 5 dozen.

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

Here's one that I've made a couple of times. Roselin posted it a few years ago & it's really good.

Eggnog Snickerdoodles Yields 4 dozen
    2 3/4c flour
    1 1/2c sugar
    1c butter
    2 eggs
    2 tsp cream of tartar
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp brandy extract
    1/2 tsp rum extract
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    Sugar mix:
    1/4c sugar
    1tsp nutmeg
    Mix, chill, shape into balls. Roll in sugar mix
    Bake 8-10 minutes at 375°. And I always double the recipe!! RL`

• carol_in_california
    14 years ago

I made eggnog cookies today.....tasty!

Ingredients

* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
    * 3/4 cup butter, softened
    * 1/2 cup eggnog
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 2 egg yolks
    * 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
    2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
    3. Cream sugar and butter until light. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
    4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
      I chilled the dough overnight.
      I also made pumpkin brownies and will make lemon brownies from recipes I got here.
  • beachlily z9a
    14 years ago

I'm glad to see this post! There was a long thread on the cooking forum with lots of cookie recipes, and linking to another post with lots of cookie recipes. Then, poof! I'm baking today and tomorrow. I need those recipes!

This thread is providing exactly what I need! Thanks!

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

Beachlily, check out this thread from here. More good ideas.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Here's a list of what's done. I still need to get some fudge & candy done. I'm running out of time! Rather than post the recipes, I'd be happy to post any of the recipes if someone would like them. Bare with me though. I don't have them all on the computer, so some I'd need to hand type in.

Almond & chocolate filled butter cookies
    Cinnamon biscotti
    Chocolate crinkles
    Black forest cookies
    Austrian jam cookies
    Silver bells (wedding bells)
    M & M cookies
    Peanut butter cup tarts
    Peanut butter cup cookies
    Chocolate chip cookies
    Lemon white chocolate cookie bars
    Pistacio & chocolate pinwheels
    Spumoni cookies
    Oatmeal raisin cookies
    Snowflake sugar cookies

• roselin32
    14 years ago

Becky, how about sharing the cinnamon biscotti when you have time?? Thanks.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Roselin, this was an easy recipe. I made it for my MIL a few months back and she raved about it. So I thought it would be good for Christmas too. The recipe came from Allrecipes.com. Here's the recipe:

Cinnamon Biscotti:

Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 2/3 cup white sugar
    * 6 tablespoons butter
    * 1 egg
    * 1 egg yolk
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1 egg, beaten
    * 3 tablespoons white sugar
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. Sift together the flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the 2/3 cup sugar and butter. Beat in 1 egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.

3. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Place logs on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Brush with the beaten egg.

4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden and firm to the touch. Cool for 15 minutes.

5. On a cutting board, slice each log crosswise at a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices, using a serrated knife. Place back on the baking sheet, cut side down, and sprinkle with a mixture of the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until toasted. Cool on wire racks, and store in an airtight container.

• roselin32
    14 years ago

Becky, thank you.......they sound good and I will try them soon.

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    14 years ago

Oilpainter:
    I LOVE mincemeat. As it so happens I already have some in the pantry.

One question: does your recipe call for the kind in the jar or in the box? Mine is the one in the box, which I think has to be reconstituted before using. The fluid content might throw off the recipe if Im using the wrong kind.

• jenn
    14 years ago

So many great recipes, so little time!

Those Snickerdoodle Blondies sounds like a good substitute for the much more time-consuming snickerdoodle cookies I was planning to make this year. Are they cake-like, crispy, or chewy?

• roselin32
    14 years ago

Jenn, mine were crispy but if you want them chewy, store them with a slive of bread in the container........so I have read.

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

linnea:

My husband and son love mincemeat too. I double the recipe because even though I'm not crazy about mincemeat I love these cookies. I often end up making more before the holidays are over. It's a good thing they're easy to make.

I use the jarred or if I can get it the bulk mincemeat. I didn't even know they made dehidrated mincemeat. As long as you don't make it too runny it should be fine.If you do throw a few raisins in the mix. they will plump up and absorb some of the liquid.