Posted by carla17 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 07 at 12:11

I appreciate in advance this recipe.

Thank you,
Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Wanted: Strawberry jello with pretzel base

See if any of the ones at the site below are it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry Jello

o

I love this. Sometimes I make it with mandarin oranges and orange jello

Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
2 cups boiling water
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by
13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping,
and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the
strawberries and pineapple, and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving
time. To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.

o

Ginger, thank you.
Kathy, I don't recall using pineapple. It would be good. This time I'm going to just use strawberries.
It's almost like dessert.

Thanks,
Carla

o

This is the one that I make every 4th of July. Strawberry Pretzel Salad (yummm) 3/4 cup margarine-softened, 3 TLB brown sugar (I always add extra ''), 2&1/2 cups crushed pretzels, 1- 6 oz pkg strawberry Jell-O, 2 cup boiling water, 8oz cool whip, 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 small OR 1 large pkg frozen sweetened strawberries. Combine margarine, brown sugar,& pretzels in bowl. Press into a 9x13 cake pan, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool & set aside, Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water in bowl, stir in frozen strawberries, set aside, Mix together cream cheese & sugar, add in cool whip, mix well. Spread over crust, sealing edge. Pour strawberry mixture over top. Chill until firm. YUMMY '')

o

When my daughter makes this, she puts the pretzels on the top so they stay crunchy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here