Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodie2

RECIPE: (Light) Butterscotch Blondies

woodie
16 years ago

Thought I'd share this recipe that DD tried over the weekend - one of the rare things she makes without chocolate, LOL. I don't have the nutritional info, but supposedly it's a "light" recipe as compared to some others, I wouldn't really argue if anybody questions the amount of sugar and fat, I just know that they tasted great and we considered them downright health food this past weekend!

BUTTERSCOTCH BLONDIES

Recipe from Cooking Light

2 cups all purpose flour

2 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

10 tablespoons unsalted butter

3/4 cup egg substitute

Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.

3. Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour into a small bowl and cool for 10 minutes. Combine butter and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; smooth top with spatula. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 48 squares. Yield 24 servings

Comments (3)