Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

LOOKING for: soft pumpkin cookies

lpinkmountain
17 years ago

I'd like to make some of those somewhat soft, puffy pumpkin drop cookies to frost with some lemon frosting I have sitting around. Anyone have a T&T recipe? Thanks! Or maybe I'll make pumpkin "cupcakes" from a muffin recipe. What do you think of that idea?

Comments (7)

• User
    17 years ago

Here's a link to a thread, with pictures, with a nice recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, posted over on the cooking forum. You could make them as big or small as you wanted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

• lpinkmountain
    Original Author
    17 years ago

In that thread, a recipe by "Yasau?" is mentioned for pumpkin bars. That sounds good too, because then I could get the whole shebang over with in one baking round, and then frost with the frosting. Anyone have a pumpkin bar cookie recipe or know where to find the one Yasau posted? I used the search engine but if it is there it is way too buried for me to find.

Or those pumpkin whoopie pies might work. They sure look awesome. Thanks so much Momj for posting the link!
    Lpink

• lpinkmountain
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe if I spelled Oly's name right I could find it!! :)
    Well a little more sleuthing and here it is

PUMPKIN BARS

4 eggs, beaten
    1 (15oz) can pumpkin
    1 1/3 cups sugar
    1 cup vegetable oil
    2 cups flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger or nutmeg

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
    8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
    3 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temp
    3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350.
    Beat together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil until well blended. Sift together and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and the ginger or nutmeg. Mix until smooth, then spread the batter in an ungreased 10x15 inch baking pan (or for a fluffier version, a 9 x 13 inch pan) Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.

For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar one cup at a time, and beat until smooth. Spread over the cooled cake.

Enjoy!

Oly

This sounds good to me because it's a one-shot baking deal and I have a meeting also tonight before I make the cookies. Those whoopie pies are so adorable though. I'm going to save the recipe for another time. I love all things pumpkin.

Thanks again Oly and Momj!!!

• Tracey_OH
    17 years ago

I just made these for my son's Thanksgiving party and several people asked for the recipe. I left out the nuts and the chocolate chips.
    Iced Spiced Pumpkin Cookies
    Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 can (15 ounces) 100% Pure Pumpkin
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    Vanilla Glaze (recipe follows)

Directions:
    PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.

FOR VANILLA GLAZE:
    COMBINE 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well.

• jackiwolfe
    17 years ago

I don't know if these are what you're lookin for, but they are soft and yummy!! I think they would be good with a lemon frosting,

Pumpkin Cookies

3 ½ cup flour
    2 1/3 cup oats
    1 ¾ tsp baking soda
    2 t. cinnamon
    3 ½ sticks butter, softened
    1 ¾ cup sugar
    1 ¾ cup packed brown sugar
    1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
    2 eggs
    1 ¾ tsp vanilla
    1 ¾ c. chopped nuts
    1 1/3 c. raisins

Mix four, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon in medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla, mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. Bake on cookie sheets at 350 for about 10 minutes.

I used dried cranberries in place of raisins, and added cinnamon chips. These are hard to find, but worth it. You could also use white chocolate chips.

This makes a very large batch! I got about 8 dozen cookies. Your yield will vary depending on the size of your cookies.

• jenn
    17 years ago

Decisions, decisions! They ALL sound delicious!

Jen

• lpinkmountain
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yup, that's how I feel Jen. I plan on making something from here this weekend. I finally got out to the store to buy the canned pumpkin.

Thank you so much for all the help!
    Lpink