o
LOOKING for: Need your best T&T Au Gratin Potatoes for the crock

Posted by craftyshe (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 08 at 11:28

Looking for a easy one using the frozen hashbrowns.Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Need your best T&T Au Gratin Potatoes for the c

I found this at recipezaar, and haven't made it myself. If you are not crazy about using canned soups and velveeta cheese, you can make your own cheese sauce from a basic white sauce with a cup or two of shredded sharp cheddar cheese melted in. But this really looks yummy!

Cheesy Crock Pot Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe #199620
This recipe is so thick, creamy and umm..umm good! It's a very filling dish that goes well with baked ham around the holidays. A staple in our family on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually double the recipe to make sure that I have left-overs to enjoy the next day!
by Iowa Jenny

day : 20 min prep

SERVES 6 -8

* 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (plain, unseasoned)
* 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
* 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
* 1 pint half-and-half cream
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)

1. Spray the bottom of crock pot with non-stick spray. I use Pam when I have it on hand or I use one of the new crock pot cooking liners for quick cleanup.
2. Spread the potatoes on the bottom of crock pot.
3. Simmer all remaining ingredients just until cheese is melted and well incorporated. Do not bring to a boil.
4. Pour cheese mixture over top of potatoes.
5. Cover and cook on low setting for 7-9 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours. Cooking time may vary depending on individual crock pots.

2008 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here