Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileenlaunonen

LOOKING for: What to put in a dump antipasta...

eileenlaunonen
16 years ago

So I have a catering job on the 19th for Allstates Christmas Luncheon cooking for 108....Anyhow I need to serve a very big antipasta...I thought because I need a large quantity Id buy the large Costco jars of marinated olives,artichokes,sundriedtomato,mushrooms,Pepperocini,Roasted Red peppers and dump...with the addition of some chuncked salami and provolone Can anyone think of another addition? Truthfully this is the easy road but I have to make so much food Im side stepping!

Comments (9)

• lindac
    16 years ago

How about 1/2 or 1/4 rounds of mortadella or pepperoni?
    Linda C

• cookingrvc
    16 years ago

Little mozzarella balls (bocaccini?).

If you aren't dong a pasta dish, you can throw some in there as well.
    s

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Do we get a percentage of what you earn? :)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    16 years ago

Fresh basil would be nice. I would like the mozzarella balls too.

• kim47
    16 years ago

I'd add some shrimp.
    Kim

• eileenlaunonen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Actually they have a fresh Mozzarella and tomato platter, eggplant parm,zuppa de pesce,cheese tortolini with vegetables,sausage and peppers,penne vodka, chicken and mushrooms in a wine sauce,ceasar salad,(3) 4ft hero with fired chicken cutlet fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers. I dont mid though Allstate is paying me $2000.00 and with 4 kids in the house this comes in handy 5 days before Christmas

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

What the heck is "dump antipasta"? I was in the restaurant business for over 25 years and never heard that term!

Anyway eileenlaunonen, no shame in "side stepping" when cooking for a hoard! :D

A few fairly easy but impressive looking appetizer-type things:

Rare roast beef strips wrapped around pickled garlic, roasted red bell peppers, smoked gouda/mozzarella or green onions, held together with a toothpick which also serves as a "fork". A little dish with a mix of half salt and half whatever seasoning mix you favor, with a little spoon for guests to sprinkle or an olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper dip gives a bit of flair.

A vegetable tray with dip is never amiss, and if you blanch the veggies, which brightens colors and takes away the "raw" taste, people will actually eat them!

Soften/sweeten cream cheese with enough fruit juice, good vinegar, minced clams or olives with a bit of their packing liquid or minced sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil to be able to pipe the cream cheese through a cake decorating bag. Pipe this mixture decoratively onto crackers, into puff pastry shells, or onto bread squares cut into decorative shapes with small cookie cutters, and sprinkle with chopped parsley, paprika or multi-colored pepper. An alternative is to do the same with cream cheese & canned or fresh fruit.

• eileenlaunonen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dump antipasta is when you purchse premade marinated items drain and "dump" on a nice platter and add some meat and cheese chunks its quick and tasty and saves a ton of time...most of our local shops do it this way but the specialty Italian shops make and marinate there own.

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

Ahhhh! That's cute! :D I guess my suggestions wouldn't quite work then! Oh well, perhaps for another time.

When I worked for a wedding/catering company, I used to order a lot of pre-made, frozen appetizers from a company in the San Francisco area called "Gourmet Express". Some defrosted ready to eat, some you popped in the oven. I never had anything from them that wasn't good and it saved the chef from going insane!

Good luck with your feeding your hoard!

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry