Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Eye Roast

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 10:20

Got a good buy on a 4lb Seamed Eye Roast. I was searching for a recipe idea but nothing comes up under eye roast...Is this known as something else or can you share a recipe TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Eye Roast

could it be eye of the round? Very very lean...can be tough...
I know some who oven roast it rare and slice very thin....but I think it's best potroasted....just don't over cook it or it will get very dry and stringy like over cooked chicken breast.
Linda C

o

This is the recipe I was given by a caterer friend. Every time I make this recipe it turns out great (the addition of the beef broth is mine...I wanted more "juice").

Beef Tenderloin or Eye of Round

Marinade:

2 Tbsps low sodium soy sauce
6 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
Light sprinkle of Montreal Steak seasoning

Beef Broth (make 1 cup using Beef Better than Bouillon)

4-5 lbs eye of round

Marinate meat overnight. Take out 1 hour before roasting.
Broil beef for 15 minutes per side. Then add some broth to the roasting pan and place beef on a rack. Roast at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes. Meat will be medium rare (internal temperature 130 degrees). Let sit for 7-10 minutes covered with foil. Serve.

o

Eye of the round is NOT beef tenderloin....what you posted would be fabulous for beef tenderloin....but I wouldn't like i for an eye of the round....but then my tolerance for tough is small! LOL!

o

I've used this recipe with eye of round about 4 times and the meat was not tough. And the leftovers made great sandwiches.

o

Dear i really want this kind of site. It is very handy pass4sure mb6-820 and accommodating post. keep up the good work. We need more good statements. I really appreciate your way of presenting such an excellent suggestion. I want more pass4sure mb6-822 and i will come back here to see more updates in future pass4sure mb7-514 as well. My best wishes for you always so keep it up. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that pass4sure mb7-515 I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here