Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Orange Jalapeno Jelly or Jam

Posted by retsec (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 29, 11 at 9:55

Does anyone have a recipe for orange jalapeno jelly or jam or could use tangerine, mandarin, or satsuma. I have tried the blueberry jalapeno and would love to try the orange jalapeno. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Orange Jalapeno Jelly or Jam

I would just follow any recipe for marmalade and add jalapenos before cooking....but be aware that it won't be very hot after cooking....if you want it hot add a couple of habaneros.
Linda c

o

Thanks, that's what I thought of doing but don't know how many peppers to use. I don't want it too hot, just mostly to have the pepper flavor.

o

Add a seeded japapeno for every 1/2 cup or orange stuff....pulp and rind.
Try making a recipe with some jalapenos....next time you will know if you need more and can post your findings.....and we will all be wiser!

o

I did make the Satsuma Orange Jalapeno Pepper Jelly today. If it gels I will post the recipe. It is pretty runny right now but some recipes say it will take two weeks to set. Does taste real good though. Thanks for all the information.
Nancy

o

I make citrus jellies all the time and I have found that you can not follow the directions on the surejell or liquid pecton boxes. The only way for the jelly to set is to change the order of the boiling. I add the box of surejell for the first boil ( 2 minute rolling boil ) and then I add the sugar for the second ( 2 minute rolling boil depending on how hot your stove is ). My jellies set once they cool.

Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here