Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Spiral Ham..Like Honey baked Ham Company

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 13, 08 at 9:26

I havent made a ham in years (DH kids hate it...go figure) Years ago we had one sent from Honey Baked Ham Company and it was delicious. Christmas Eve we are going to my sisters (most of you know we will not be going to the inlaws Italian Feast...wiping tears away thinking of the food) so we end up that we arent into doing much being the circumstances this year but sis and I bought some frozen appetizers at BJ's we now find that some of our immediate family will be stopping in throughout the course of the evening. So besides appetizers I figure ill put out some swiss,mustard bakery rye bread and a 1/4 or 1/2 spiral ham. Christms day is a big feast of Italian food and we have aprrox 30 for dinner. I went on HBH Company's website and boy are they expensive! So I figure I can do this myself for a fraction of the cost..so my question is.... What do I buy and where do I buy one and how do I replicate there recipe or something similar! Thanks in advance....Oh yeh....Is there a brand in the supermarket that is precut into spirals?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Spiral Ham..Like Honey baked Ham Company

Most supermarkets have spiral cut ready to eat hams this time of the year....I happen to like Smithfield but there are others.
Then put that ham, shank down cut side up ( I am trusting you won't be buying a whole ham) into a dish with sides and pour honey over it and onto the cut side.....even open up the spirals where it's cut and put some in there.
Teh ham will absorb the honey....and repeat.....and perhaps a third time.
Then place that ham in a roasting pan, cut side down! and heat at 325, covered or wrapped in floi until it's just heated through...for maybe a 6 pound ham that would be about an hour.
Don't over bake or all the honey will leak out.
Enjoy!
Linda c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here