Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Strawberry Dessert

Posted by gram999 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 8:56

Bakc in the 70's, a dessert was popular that was made with strawberries, whipped cream & angel food cake. Does anyone have this? It was wonderful.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Strawberry Dessert

It's just torn up angel food cake and whipped cream layered with strawberries in a dish...
I also made home made angelfood cake, from scratch not a mix, and just put strawberries on top and topped all with whipped cream.
There's really no recipe any more than there is a recipe for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Linda C

o

My aunt used to make one where the cake was sliced horizontally into thirds. Then the center of the center section was cut out so an inner and outer ring were stacked back onto the bottom layer.

The filling for the cut-out area was made from crushed fresh strawberries, sugar, whipped cream and grand Marnier. After the center was filled and the top piece added on, it was frosted with sweetened whipped cream and a the top garnished with sliced strawberries.

The slices had a little tunnel of creamy pink filling.

o

See if the recipe below is what you remember. Or did it use Cool Whip/Dream Whip?

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry Delite

o

This one also calls for cream cheese & whipped topping. Whipping cream should also work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry Angel Food

o

I remember this from long ago!

Angel Food poke cake!
1 large package strawberry Jell-o
1 store bought angel food cake
1 cup strawberries sliced

Directions

Open package of sugar free Angel food cake
Mix Jell-o with one cup hot water.
Poke holes into the cake with a fork.
Pour mixed Jell-o into holes.
Allow to set in refrigerator

Then cut into wedges, top with sliced strawberries and whipping cream!

Yummy!

o

I used to make this years ago. I would buy an angelfood cake, cut the top off and scoop out the insides making sure not to go through the bottom of the cake. Whip cream and fold in a pack of lightly drained thawed frozen strawberries, replace the top of the cake and leave to mellow in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. The filling may be sweetened to your liking or the addition of a liqeur might be good, although I thought it was good as is. Decorations purely up to you. I found that letting the cake sit to mellow really enhanced the flavor.

o

Thanks everyone. They all sound very similar. I'm taking it to a luncheon tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here