Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fl

LOOKING for: Suggestions?

sharon_fl
16 years ago

I'm attending an open house Christmas Eve appetizer party and every year, I usually take my usual-restuffed potato skins (my version).

I steam 4lbs of tiny red potatoes, cool & scoop out most of the potato. I then oil the skins & bake until they're crispy and mash my scooped out potatoes & place back into the shells. Here's where I need your suggestions:

Usually, first, I top the potatoes with melted, shredded jack & cheddar cheese, then top with horseradish/sour cream, fresh snipped chives & sprinkle real bacon chips on top.

Really want to prepare them differently this year..any suggestions? By the way?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Comments (3)

• woodie
    16 years ago

Here are two ideas that I found in my archives!

Eileen Launonen's Small (Purple or Others) Potato Appetizers
    I serve those little guys as appetizers I use a little melon baller and give a small indent then I cut a staight piece off bootom so they dont roll around I toss in EVOO and then toss with salt pepper garlic powder and Italian seasoning. At the last 5 minute of the cook I pull out an add gorgonzola to the little indent pop back in for 5 min OH SO GOOD!!!

Gina's Roasted fingerling potatoes served with salmon roe mixed in sour cream.

• chase_gw
    16 years ago

This is a good one.

Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Saute 3 gloves of minced garlic until tender. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, add 14 oz of goat's cheese, 4 oz of chopped thyme and fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine.

Fill each potato with the goat cheese. Broil for 1 minute or until bubbling.

• sharon_fl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks gals! Ironically, I picked up a jar of salmon roe yesterday!!