Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Suggestions?

Posted by sharon_fl (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 8:42

I'm attending an open house Christmas Eve appetizer party and every year, I usually take my usual-restuffed potato skins (my version).
I steam 4lbs of tiny red potatoes, cool & scoop out most of the potato. I then oil the skins & bake until they're crispy and mash my scooped out potatoes & place back into the shells. Here's where I need your suggestions:
Usually, first, I top the potatoes with melted, shredded jack & cheddar cheese, then top with horseradish/sour cream, fresh snipped chives & sprinkle real bacon chips on top.
Really want to prepare them differently this year..any suggestions? By the way?
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Suggestions?

Here are two ideas that I found in my archives!

Eileen Launonen's Small (Purple or Others) Potato Appetizers
I serve those little guys as appetizers I use a little melon baller and give a small indent then I cut a staight piece off bootom so they dont roll around I toss in EVOO and then toss with salt pepper garlic powder and Italian seasoning. At the last 5 minute of the cook I pull out an add gorgonzola to the little indent pop back in for 5 min OH SO GOOD!!!

Gina's Roasted fingerling potatoes served with salmon roe mixed in sour cream.

o

This is a good one.

Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Saute 3 gloves of minced garlic until tender. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, add 14 oz of goat's cheese, 4 oz of chopped thyme and fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine.

Fill each potato with the goat cheese. Broil for 1 minute or until bubbling.

o

Thanks gals! Ironically, I picked up a jar of salmon roe yesterday!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here