Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Roselin's Lebkuchen Bars

Posted by cindy_5ny (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 07 at 8:21

Made these for Christmas this year - they were a BIG hit, everyone loved them, thanks Roselin!

Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Lebkuchen Bars on the Dessert Exchange

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Roselin's Lebkuchen Bars

Glad you liked them, Cindy.........we really enjoyed the Lebkuchen when we lived in Germany and taste wise these come close to what we enjoyed. They make theirs on wafers and since I have only seen those in one store here, I had to find something that was close that didn't require them.
Happy New Year to you too.
RL`

o

I've only had real Lebkuchen wafers once - but from what I can remember, I liked these just as much ... especially with the addition of that nice glaze :)

Cindy

o

Last year I was on a kick of trying various Lebkuchen recipes, after my aunt gave me a beautiful old, large tin that says Lebkuchenfabrik, Nurnberg, E. Otto Schmidt, on the bottom.

I researched it on the Internet and found that E. Otto Schmidt still makes these cookies and they are a Christmas tradition for many Europeans. Also, it seems they come out with a different tin each year.

I found and tried several recipes last year. They are simply delicious and, as a bonus, many recipes are very low in fat.

I am definitely going to try your version, Roselin.

toby

o

Tobygirl,
I used to get those tins with the lebkuchen when we lived in Germany.........sometimes I can still find them at the military commissary here........they are neat.
Hope you like the lebkuchen bars.
RL`

o

I'm cutting & pasting for next Christmas, as my DH is German and we have also had those lovely tins of lebkuchen bars.

Hopefully I will get around to making these myself.

Thanks for the recipe Roselin.

SharonCb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here