Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: recipe for old fashioned peanut butter candy

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 2:07

While on vacation I bought this most wonderful candy. It was (I ate it all) called Old fashioned peanut butter crunch. It is soft and crunchy really falls apart easy. This reminds me of a peanut butter finger candy bar without the chocolate and not that crunchy.

The ingredients on the bag says sugar, corn syrup, soda, vanilla, salt,peanuts although I didn't really find any. I believe it is made using lots of peanut butter.

Does this candy sound like anything you have made before. it is not a fudge consistency.

Would love to have the recipe.

Lora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: recipe for old fashioned peanut butter candy

It didn't have Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes in it?

o

No, it did not. The texture was close to a butter finger candy bar, just a little bit softer.

o

I've seen that recipe & meant to try it since I love butterfingers. Here is one, but I haven't tried it yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peanut butter Crunch

o

ngraham,
Thank you so very much for the link to the recipe.
This just might be the recipe I need. I went to the cupboard and the peanut butter jar is almost empty my family must have lived on Peanut butter while I was gone. Now, I am snowed in and can't make it out to the store!!!

o

Hope you aren't snowed in long! Personally, I love a good snow, but I don't want it to hang around forever.
If you try it, please let me know how it is. I won't be able to make it before Christmas, but it is on my list to try.

o

I am still testing and trying to find the correct recipe. The ones I have tried are still a little too hard. Anyone else with any recipes?

o

I was looking for a recipe that was in my mom's book, unfortunately it was tore out, I remember I believe 1/2 cup milk, 1cup sugar, boil for 7 minutes no less or longer (really makes a difference) then remove from heat,add 2 tablespoons peanutbutter creamy or crunchy doesn't matter, stir until thickens and pour into greased pan, cool and cut into squares, very sweet but yummy

o

thank you for posting your mothers recipe. Do you know if this is a soft candy or is it cruchy. I will have to try some.

o

From Cooks.com:

OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER CANDY

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk (or evaporated milk)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Bring milk and sugar to boil. Cook until syrup forms a soft ball (238 degrees F. on a candy thermometer) in cold water in saucer. Remove from heat.
Add vanilla and peanut butter. Beat well and pour into buttered pan.let cool and cut into pieces. This is a very old recipe from my grandmother.

Very good!

May double recipe for a larger pan of fudge.

Cooks Note: A Candy Thermometer is recommended for best results.

Submitted by: MARCELLA BENNETT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here