1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. butter
1 egg, beaten
4 med. apples, sliced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/2 C. almonds, chopped
(opt) 1/3 C. raisins

In lg. bowl mix flour, 1/4 c. sugar & salt. Cut in 3/4 c. butter til crumbly. Stir in lightly beaten egg til dough comes away from sides of bowl and forms a ball. Knead until smooth. Chill several hous.

Roll 2/3's dough into 11" round. Fit into 9" cake pan (springform easiest) (one inch rim forms).

Toss apples, lemon juice, lemon rind, raisins & half the almonds. Spread over pastry-lined pan.

Roll remaining dough into 9" round. Place on top & pinch edges together.

Heat remaining butter, sugar & almonds til sugar dissolves. Spoon over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. until golden brown. Serves 8.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: delic Swabian Apple Cake

Thank you this recipe sounds delicious, Iris. I did have to google up "Swabian" - never heard of it before but my in-laws were Bavarian so I really learned something new today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here