Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Maple-Nut Winter Squash

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 08 at 0:38

We just served this at a dinner party tonight and it was delicous!

Maple-Nut Winter Squash

2 medium size butternut squash
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, at room temp or melted
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Cut whole squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place the squash, cut side down, in a baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Scoop the flesh from the skins and mash. Spoon into a casserole dish.

In small bowl, blend the sugar and butter. Add the pecans. Spoon on top of the squash. Return to the oven and bake until the squash is hot and the nuts are toasted, 20 - 30 minutes. Serve hot.

Adapted from Yankee's New England Church Supper Cookbook

This is wonderful & so much better (IMO) than the sweet potato casseroles I've made because the praline-like topping isn't "overkill" (as it is sometimes on sweet potatoes :)--Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Maple-Nut Winter Squash

Thanks, Ann, this sounds good! I just love butternut and the other winter squashes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here