Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 23:45

Cheddar Cheese "Cookies"

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 pound extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Sift together the flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium sized bowl. Grate cheddar as finely as possible. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter. Add grated cheese and beat until thoroughly blended. On low speed, gradually add dry ingredients and beat until incorporated.

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a log about 10 inches long (make a longer log if you want smaller "cookies," cutting log into two for easier handling). Roll log in chopped pecans, making sure to cover entire outer surface with nuts. Wrap in parchment or wax paper and refrigerate dough log until firm or ready to bake.

When ready to bake, slice dough about 1/4 inch thick and place a couple of inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Cheddar Cheese "Cookies"

Yum! I love things like this. Thank you!

o

Just know I will love these. have you been making these over a number of years, or is it a recent find?

o

Thank you for the T&T recipe. This is just what I was looking for for the holidays!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here