Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Punch Ideas

Posted by lex_ky_cscott (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 23:41

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone have any ideas for a good punch? My aunt use to make a Sherbert punch, which was pretty good. Just not sure what she put in it. What type of punch would you serve to your Thanksgiving guests?

Thanks,

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Punch Ideas

I'm planning to serve hot mulled cider or spiced cranberry juice from the crock pot for a starter on Thanksgiving Day. Another one I like is a mix of Cheerwine soda and pineapple juice, served cold. You may be able to find Cheerwine in Kentucky.

Teresa

o

This doesn't have sherbet but it's a hit.
LEETE'S ISLAND GARDEN CLUB PUNCH (1 gallon)
2 cups strong tea
4 cups water, divided
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cinnamon stick
12 whole cloves
2 cups cranberry juice
6 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
6 oz can frozen grapefruit juice concentrate
6 oz can frozen lime juice concentrate
6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 can ( 6 oz size) frozen pineapple juice concentrate or to taste
1 qt ginger ale, optional
Mint leaves, optional
Vodka or rum, optional
Pour the freshly brewed tea into a large bowl or stainless steel pot. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of the water w/the sugar, cinnamon stick & cloves & simmer, covered for at least 20 minutes. Strain, cool & add to the tea. Pour in the cranberry juice, orange juice concentrate, grapefruit juice concentrate, lime juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice concentrate & remaining 3 cups water, stirring until the frozen juices have melted.
When you're ready to serve the punch, pour it over ice in a large punch bowl & add the ginger ale, if using. Float some mint leaves on top (if using,) or make a frozen ice mold. Add vodka or rum to taste, if using.~~Guilford, CT Birthday Cookbook

o

My mom used to make sherbert punch. She put half gallon of sherbert in the punch bowl then poured a two liter of 7up over it and added marachino cherries. The kids went crazy for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here