Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: maria's stuffin muffins from abc/gma

Posted by lizzynola (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 23:37

MARIA'S STUFFIN MUFFINS

I got this recipe from Good Morning America where they are having a contest for the best stuffing/dressing, and made this for a luncheon. Crusty on the outside and moist on the inside!

It was sooooooooooo good, and everyone wanted the recipe!

RECIPE
1 bag Pepperidge Farm cornbread cubes
1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 stick of butter
2 chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 bag of Craisins
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2-3 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Place cornbread cubes in a large mixing bowl
Saute sausage and onions in a skillet until brown, breaking sausage into small pieces. Drain in a colander and transfer to a bowl.
Melt the butter is the same skillet and saute celery until tender. Add to the bowl.
Add apple and remaining ingredients, except the broth.
Mix all together and then add the broth until thoroughly moistened but not really wet.
Add the eggs and the baking powder and mix well.
Place stuffing mixture in a large, greased glass casserole or in 12 greased muffin tins.
Bake, covered for about 25 minutes, 10 minutes uncovered for casserole and 25 minutes for muffins.
Serve warm.

I tell you these were really good. Maybe Maria will win the contest!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: maria's stuffin muffins from abc/gma

I would love to make this receipe, but I can't find the cornbread cubes. According to the Pepperidge Farms website, they don't make such a product. What did you use and where did you find it?

o

Shawnmiller
If you can find the Arnold's brand in your area, they don't make cornbread cubes but do make a cornbread stuffing mix.

Lucy

Here is a link that might be useful: stuffing mix

o

Hummmm Pepperidge Farms DOES make a cornbread stuffing mix. Wonder if that would work? I was thinking the cornbread cubes do not have seasoning and the stuffing mix does. So I didn't know if the stuffing mix would be the same.

o

Yum, these "muffins" sound great to me! Thanks.

o

Actually I baked my own cornbread, and you can use the PF cornbread mix if you like.

I thought she had made a mistake in calling them "cubes" in the recipe which is usually stated on the stuffing package for bread.

Just wing it! You will be happy :)

o

Lizzy, that sounds good. What temperature do you bake the muffins?

o

Bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here