joann_fla

LOOKING for: T&T crockpot chicken recipes

JoAnn_Fla
15 years ago

Do you have a really good recipes for chicken cooked in a crockpot? thanks

Comments (5)

• becky_ca
    15 years ago

Here's a good one - I like to double it.

Becky

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Taco Filling

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 package taco seasoning mix (4 Tablespoons)
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves

Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth. Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour chicken broth over. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces. Use in soft tacos, hard tacos, burritos, nachos, etc.

To Freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices. Press out all the air and seal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• woodie
    15 years ago

Don't let the sweetness turn you away from this, I think its really good and we love it served over rice. (I don't brown the chicken and I don't use the 5 spice powder - also I use thighs, but that's just our preference for the dark meat.)

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
    Posted by: san_ (My Page) on Mon, Jul 26, 04 at 17:27

3# chicken pieces bone-in, dredged in seasoned flour (we like chicken thighs and I add a pinch of 5-spice powder to the flour, along with a little salt & pepper)
    brown the chicken in a skillet (I usually skip that)
    mix together in a crock pot:

6 oz can of lemonade
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    3 T brown sugar
    3 T catsup
    add the chicken and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours

• annova914
    15 years ago

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 or 2 boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen), cut into thirds
    1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like del monte)
    1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 bay leaf
    1 (10 oz) package frozen corn
    2 Tbsps chopped cilantro

7 corn tortillas
    Vegetable oil

Place all ingredients (except cilantro, tortillas and vegetable oil) in crockpot. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Shred chicken with forks; stir in cilantro a few minutes before serving.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips; place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, spread tortilla strips over soup. Makes 8 servings

Adapted from allrecipes by several different sources

My note: I added a little sugar toward the end (after testing) and bought canned whole chilies so I could remove seeds. Also made sure I bought Mild enchilada sauce! This is really delicious (and I like that I could throw in frozen chicken :) Ann

• roselin32
    15 years ago

We really enjoy this and the chicken comes out very moist and tender.
    Crockpot chicken:
    Make 4 tennis sized balls of foil and put in the bottom of the crockpot. Remove the gizzard, livers, etc, from a whole chicken cavity. Rinse and sprinkle cavity with 1 tsp of seasoned salt. Stuff with half of a lemon. Put in crockpot, sprinkle with the other half of lemon juice and sprinkle over chicken with seasoned salt and a little pepper. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low. Will be falling apart tender and the juice is great over the chicken. Can be thickened and used as gravy if desired.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    15 years ago

Cut about 5 carrots into large chunks, and cut about 4 onions into large wedges and put in the bottom of the crockpot. You want enough vegetables to keep the chicken up off of the bottom. Remove the giblets and the neck if they're in the chicken - rinse and season the cavity with salt, pepper and a piece of fresh rosemary. Place bird breast side down on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours. There will be lots of juice. Good with mashed potatoes!

seagrass

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor