Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Annie's Orange and Rhubarb Jam recipe

Posted by sally_grower (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 1, 08 at 22:28

I've started going through all of the threads here and saw one about this jam. It sounds wonderful and making jam is one of my favorite things to do I tried doing a serch with no luck, so Annie if you're out there or if someone can help me out..I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks Sally

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Annie's Orange and Rhubarb Jam recipe

I'm not Annie but I did post a recipe for an Orange & Rhubarb Compote....to be served as a cold dessert. I know Annie is famous for her Habanero Gold Jelly along with many other delicious recipes. She'll probably come in with her answer.
In the meantime here's my compote:

RECIPE: Rhubarb & Orange Compote
Posted by Canarybird (My Page) on Sat, May 15, 04 at 20:53

Rhubarb & Orange Compote
Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 1/4 cups of rhubarb cut in 1 inch pieces
1 orange
2 teasp grated orange peel, plus a few thin slices for decorating
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1) Peel orange and remove all white pith. Section into quarters then slice each quarter crosswise into 6 fan-shaped pieces.

2) Put rhubarb and orange in saucepan with orange pieces, grated orange peel, sugar and water.

3) Cook without lid until mixture is reduced, about 15 minutes. Remove from stove and cool.

4) Refrigerate until icy cold and serve decorated with a few julienne slices of peel.

Makes a great breakfast dish, tangy and refreshing.

SharonCb

o

Thanks Sharon, It looks good to me. Maybe the person at the old thread called it the wrong thing. Anyway, this one looks good to me and it goes on my list of "Gotta Try".
Thanks again Sally

o

Sally - you can find it over on the harvest forum - here is the link to the thread with the recipe:

Here is a link that might be useful: It's simply called

o

Thanks Pat...I found it. I really appreciate your help! Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here