Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally_grower

LOOKING for: Annie's Orange and Rhubarb Jam recipe

sally_grower
15 years ago

I've started going through all of the threads here and saw one about this jam. It sounds wonderful and making jam is one of my favorite things to do I tried doing a serch with no luck, so Annie if you're out there or if someone can help me out..I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks Sally

Comments (4)

• canarybird01
    15 years ago

I'm not Annie but I did post a recipe for an Orange & Rhubarb Compote....to be served as a cold dessert. I know Annie is famous for her Habanero Gold Jelly along with many other delicious recipes. She'll probably come in with her answer.
    In the meantime here's my compote:

RECIPE: Rhubarb & Orange Compote
    Posted by Canarybird (My Page) on Sat, May 15, 04 at 20:53

Ingredients for 2 servings:
    2 1/4 cups of rhubarb cut in 1 inch pieces
    1 orange
    2 teasp grated orange peel, plus a few thin slices for decorating
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup water
    1) Peel orange and remove all white pith. Section into quarters then slice each quarter crosswise into 6 fan-shaped pieces.

2) Put rhubarb and orange in saucepan with orange pieces, grated orange peel, sugar and water.

3) Cook without lid until mixture is reduced, about 15 minutes. Remove from stove and cool.

4) Refrigerate until icy cold and serve decorated with a few julienne slices of peel.

Makes a great breakfast dish, tangy and refreshing.

SharonCb

• sally_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Sharon, It looks good to me. Maybe the person at the old thread called it the wrong thing. Anyway, this one looks good to me and it goes on my list of "Gotta Try".
    Thanks again Sally

• pat_t
    15 years ago

Sally - you can find it over on the harvest forum - here is the link to the thread with the recipe:

Here is a link that might be useful: It's simply called

• sally_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Pat...I found it. I really appreciate your help! Sally