Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: quick breads for gifts

Posted by missdeezy (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 21:35

I'm looking for a good quick bread for Christmas gifts. I need a recipe that will make 10 mini loaves. I bought the aluminum mini throw away pans that hold
1 3/4 cups of batter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: quick breads for gifts

While I don't have a recipe that will make 10 mini loaves, this one will make 6:

Pumpkin Apple Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground or fresh grated nutmeg
1 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. ground allspice
1 16 oz. can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped small (about 2 cups)
Topping:
1 TB flour
5 TB sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 TB unsalted butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350F and grease 6 mini loaf pans (3" by 5 1/2" in size).

Into a large bowl sift flour, salt, soda, and spices. In another bowl, blend pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until well combined. Fold in apples; divide batter between pans. Make a slight hollow in the center of the loaves. Blend topping ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle topping on each loaf.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Test in the center of a loaf with a toothpick. Cool in pans on a rack for 45 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Will keep chilled and wrapped for one week. Will keep frozen, well wrapped for one month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here