Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: xmas candy

Posted by krazyknitter (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 6, 08 at 21:16

this candy(brittle) is delicious.
the bottom is a thin layer of chololate,then a sugar mixture with added slivered almonds
then chocolate on top...when it cools you break it into pieces......
Does this sound fimilar to anyone? I would love to have the recipe.tks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: xmas candy

English Toffee.
Below is an easy recipe.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Toffee

o

Sounds like Almond Rocca to me, but I don't have a recipe. I have a friend who makes it every year for Xmas.... but won't share her secret recipe.

o

I've had this recipe for over 30 years...it is delicious!

Toffee Butter Crunch

1 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
3T water
1 T. light corn syrup

1 C coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
4-- 4 1/2 oz. Hershey candy bars, melted
1 C. finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted

In large saucepan melt butter. Add sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occ. to hard crack stage (300 degrees). Quickly stir in coarsely chopped almonds. Spread in well-greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan. Cool thoroughly. Turn out on waxed paper. Spread with half the melted chocolate, sprinkle with half the finely chopped nuts. Cover with waxed paper and invert. Spread other side with remaining melted chocolate and remaining finely chopped nuts. Chill to firm choclate. Break in pieces.

o

Typo on above recipe. It is 1 1/3 C. sugar. Sorry about that. Do not want to be one of those who give out wrong recipes!

o

I have a candy recipe someone here on the Kt located for me..it is one my favorits from my childhood..
Mashed Potato candy & peanut butter pinwheels!

o

Sharon, I grew up with that candy too and my son loves it.
Hmmmmm..........might be something to make for our Christmas trip to Denver to see him.

Don't know if you consider it "candy" or not but people I have made if for have always enjoyed the Chex Mix like Puppy Chow and there are other sweet mixes too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here