Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phillyhirst

LOOKING for: eats for late night birthday celebration at a club

phillyhirst
16 years ago

I am looking for ideas for eats at 50th birthday party, late night, at a club. (dance party music from 50's - 90's)

Nothing that has to be heated, prepared at the club.

Needs to be simple preparation, easy to transport, set it out - that's it.

appetizer, bites, dips, tapas (more than pretzels and chips, but not much more :)

Comments (6)

• phillyhirst
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I said ideas, but recipes are what I am looking for.thanks

• khandi
    16 years ago

How many people are attending? We just went to a friend's 50th a few weeks ago. There was about 15 or so people.

The hostess served a platter of cheese, crackers, and specialty meats. Also had a pasta salad, and she ordered several pizzas. Everyone was happy!

• khandi
    16 years ago

Also wanted to say that I've been to several dance parties like you mention and they served:

-buns
    -platters of assorted meats
    -platters of assorted cheeses
    -platters of assorted veggies
    -platters of assorted fruits
    -several condiments (mustard, mayo, pickles, etc.)

People made their own sub/sandwich with a side of fruit, cheese, fresh veggies.

Everyone liked it and it was very easy for the organizers to serve. Just take it out of the fridge and place on the serving tables.

You can also have pasta salads too.

• eileenlaunonen
    16 years ago

Is this a private club? Are you sure you bring in food? How about a platter of wrapped sandwiches

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

If you'll have a cooler or access to a refrigerator, these are good:

ROQUEFORT GRAPES (makes 50)
    1 lb large, seedless red grapes
    10 oz pecans
    4 TBL crumbled Roquefort cheese
    8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    2 TBL heavy cream
    Wash the grapes & pat dry. Crush the pecans on a platter or sheet of waxed paper. Combine the Roquefort, cream cheese & cream in a bowl & mix well. Roll the grapes in the cheese mixture & then in the pecans, coating well. Chill, covered, until serving time.~~ First Impressions

BRIE CRISPS
    4 oz Brie, rind removed, at room temperature
    1 stick butter at room temperature
    2/3 cup flour
    2 generous dashed cayenne, or to taste
    1/8 tsp salt
    Paprika
    Combine the cheese & butter in a processor & mix until creamy. Add the flour, cayenne & salt & blend until the dough almost forms a ball in the processor. Shape into a 2" cylinder & wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Slice the dough into 1/4" rounds, place 2" apart on a cookie sheet & bake in a preheated 400° oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are brown. Cool on a rack. Sprinkle w/paprika.~~ Beyond Parsley

CASHEW WAFERS (about 75)
    1 lb extra sharp Cheddar, shredded
    1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 tsp cayenne
    1 cup sifted flour
    2 cups dry roasted cashews, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 325°. Bring cheese to room temperature & beat until smooth. Beat in butter, 1 TBL at a time. Add salt & cayenne. Stir in flour, 2 TBL at a time. Add nuts & form a ball.
    Chill dough & form into small balls. Place on lightly greased cookies sheets, spaced 1" apart. Flatten with fork tines dipped in flour. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool & store in an airtight container until ready to serve.~~

You can all different things to jazz up this hummus recipe & serve it with rice crackers or pita wedges:
    HUMMUS (about 3 cups)
    2 cups cooked or canned chick-peas, drained
    2/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
    3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    2 garlic cloves, peeled
    Salt & pepper to taste
    1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
    Parsley leaves (Italian)
    Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepepr in a food processor & blend until smooth. Sitr in the green onions. Pile into a small bowl & garnish with the parsley leaves. Serve with pita bread or rice crackers. You can add minced red bell pepper to this also.~~

• roselin32
    16 years ago

We have had lots of compliments on these:
    Marinated Mozzarella
    1 lb fresh domestic mozzarella
    1/2 c olive oil (I use the lite)
    2 large cloves garlic, pressed
    10 coarse grinds black pepper
    2/3 tsp red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1/4 tsp salt- less if using
    4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
    Drain cheese of all brine. Cut in cubes. Whisk together all remaining ingredients. Toss with cheese.
    I'm not crazy about anchovies so I leave them out.
    Yield: about 4 cups
    RL`