Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: recipes using celeriac (or celery root)

Posted by shambo (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 07 at 18:29

Bought one today and now don't quite know what to do with it. Is it best used raw in salads, mashed like potatoes, or pureed in soup? Can it be roasted like other fall vegetables? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: recipes using celeriac (or celery root)

Yes to about all your questions. Here's one recipe & at the link below you'll find lots more.
CELERY KNOB PARMIGIANA (serves 6)
4 celery knobs
1 TBL lemon juice
2 tsp salt
6 TBL butter,melted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 TBL chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 425. Peel the celery knobs & cut them into thin little sticks about 2"long. Drop the pieces into boiling water to cover with the lemon juice & salt added. Cook about 10 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook. Drain.
butter a baking dish large enough to hold the celery knobs. Arrange a layer of the drained pieces & sprinkle w/some of the melted butter & some of the cheese. Continue to fill the dish with drained pieces, butter & cheese. Continue to fill the dish with drained pieces, butter & cheese. If desired, each layer may be sprinkled with a little black pepper & paprika.
Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle a border of parsley around the edge & serve the celery knobs in the baking dish.~~Craig Claiborne

Here is a link that might be useful: Celeriac Recipes

o

Thanks for the info, Ginger. I'm probably going to get around to using it tomorrow.

o

I like it roasted. I peel it and cut into cubes then toss with olive oil and seasonings with other veggies and roast as you would normally.

I like it. It has a slight celery flavour and an interesting texture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here