Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: calling sissyfran

Posted by heaven (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 18:05

Would you mind posting your cranberry salad recipe with the cherry jello mixed in please. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: calling sissyfran

My favorite is:

1 3 oz. pkg. cherry jello
1 C. boiling water
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
2 apples, peeled and diced
1/4 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped nuts
Dissolve gelatin in 1 c. boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce, apples, celery and nuts. Pour into mold and chill overnight. If doubling the recipe, I use 1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce and 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce.

o
RE: RECIPE: calling sissyfran

I just saw your post, sorry.

We use:
2 pkgs cranberries
2 oranges
3 apples-either golden or red delicious

I don't peel the apples completely- leave a strip on for texture.

We have always used Grandma's old hand grinder for this and the juice drips into a bowl. We pour this back into the mixture and add sugar to taste. We like ours tart so we add less than a cup of sugar. Add one small pkg of jello. We've used cherry, raspberry and cranberry.
Put in a pretty bowl and we decorate the top with English Walnut or pecan halves. Cover and put in the fridge. It's always made the day before to allow it to set.

I did this last year in the food processor and since I didn't get the juice squeezed out like in the old grinder I added about 1 cup of liquid which was part cranberry juice, apple juice and orange juice. The oj was a little too much so I would do less or leave out. I think the cranberry juice by itself would be best.

I hope this works for you. It's a staple in my mom's family and my brother was asked to make it for the family get together this year at my cousin's. It's almost a lost art.

Hope you enjoy it.

Sis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here