Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Topping for mashed sweet potato

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 15:58

I decided on mashed sweet potato but would like to put a topping preferably without nuts TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Topping for mashed sweet potato

Butter and salt and pepper....that's all!
Linda C

o

When I made them for the office party, everyone enjoyed this but you could leave out the nuts if you chose to:
1c packed brown sugar
1/3c flour
1/3c butter
1c chopped pecans
Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter and add pecans.
Top sweet potatoes and bake for 30 minutes.
RL`

o

This is really good with the nuts, but you could leave out and replace with more corn flakes.

Melt 1 margarine/butter, add 1 C brown sugar, 1 C pecans and 2 C crushed corn flakes. Sprinkle over baked casserole and return to oven for 10-15 minutes

We love it over sweet potatoes!!

o

We have used a recipe for years of a sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on the top. [g] I know...not the healthiest choice, but we cut back on the sugar and cream that is mixed into the sweet potatoes, so that it is barely 2-3 T each of light cream and brown sugar in a large casserole. A serving actually ends up having about 1-2 marshmallows on it. Not too bad. :-)

pm2

o

How about some Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Butter or...

I've heard of some recipes with coconut... never tried it but sounds good.

o

You could leave out the nuts here as well.

TOPPING:

1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted

Combine all above ingredients until smooth. Pour into 2 qt. casserole dish. Mix all topping ingredients and spread over sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here