Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Lemon Tart

Posted by mst___ (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 15:47

Hi. I'm looking for a good lemon tart that is fairly easy to make. I'm not very experienced in deserts since we rarely eat them. Thanks.
Teri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Lemon Tart

Make a pie shell...usiung your favorite recipe or a bought pastry crust. Bake and cool.
Make lemon curd:
Lemon curd
1/4 pound butter
1 c. sugar
3 well beaten eggs
juice and grated rind of 2 lemons
Mix in order given and cook in a doubel boiler, stirring very frequently until thickened.
Refigerated it will keep for months.
Cool and put into cooled pie crust...cover with saran and refrigerate for about 2 to 4 hours....top with whipped cream and serve.
Linda C

o

This one is great & has gotten rave reviews. The good part is you just pat out the dough in the tart pan. I don't remember where I got it but I dug out the hand-written recipe but it may have come from Joy of Baking. I'm forever having printer problems. Both components can be prepared ahead & all you have to do is pour the filling into the crust before serving & top with whipped cream.

LEMON TART
Crust:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1 stick butter in pieces

In processor place flour & sugar. Process to combine. Add zest & cut-up butter. Place pastry in pan & evenly press in bottom & up sides of tart pan. Pierce bottom with a fork. Place in freezer.

Heat oven to 425. Bake crust on center rack of oven until crust is golden, 13-15 minutes. Cool crust on rack.

Filling:
3 large eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
4 TBL butter, room temperature in pieces
1 TBL lemon zest

In double boiler over simmering water, whisk together eggs, sugar & lemon juice until blended. Cook, whisking constantly to keep from curdling until mixture becomes pale in color & quite thick like whipped cream. will take 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat & pour through strainer to remove lumps. Cut butter in small pieces & whisk into mixture until melted. Add zest, cover & cool to room temperature before chilling. (Press Saran Wrap directly onto the lemon mixture to prevent a skin forming.)~~

o

Thanks. They both sound good.
Teri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here