Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Best way to store Candied Ginger

Posted by sue__wa (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 22, 06 at 15:09

I just purchased a jar of candied Ginger for a recipe tomorrow. I might use this condiment 2 or 3 times a year.

Has anyone successfully frozen Candied Ginger? Or, how do you store this?

The ginger is in a lined cardboard container with a plastic lid. I would love to keep it on hand for future use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Best way to store Candied Ginger

Sue I store mine in a plastic bag in the freezer. I also use it once or twice a year (but I do like to eat it like candy sometimes and its good if your stomach is upset).

Unfortunately, today when I went into the freezer to take it out (for my sweet potatoes tomorrow) I found that I'm out of it and my store didn't have any and I just didn't feel like driving way over to the other store to see if they had it. Darn it! Now I have to decide on something else to do with the sweet potatoes.

o

Thanks Woodie, I will put this in the freezer then. Darn, too bad we are not neighbors, I could give you some!

I just made my 3rd and last trip to the market today. No more shopping for tomorrow. If I forgot it then, we will do without. :)

o

Woodie, it's just ginger and sugar. If you have some of both you can easily adjust.

o

Oh GL, its the little bites of candied ginger in the potatoes that I like :-)

BTW, its Sara Moulton's mother's idea, just mashed sweets with cream and butter and some candied ginger.

o

Sue: I keep mine in a tightly sealed glass jar up in the cupboard. It does just fine.

o

eternity rings, Diamond Earrings, Diamond Engagement Rings and Wedding Rings. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, London showroom available or buy online

o

Huh! What an idiot to post such on this thread. Bet he got no hits!

o

Silver Jewellery and Gold Jewellery - Give your look a lift by complementing your outfit with a Silver Bracelets, Wedding Rings, Wedding rings online, necklace, or earrings from Something Elegant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedding Rings

o

Its cool that you are putting your passion for writing to good, I am in the same situation and it was long overdue! Ill subscribe to your feed,Keep it up.Keep blogging.Thanks a lot. Top Sunglasses Brands, Rock Salt Lamp Top Sunglasses Brands offer high quality and style at reasonable rates.

o

cannabis seed - Marijuana seeds from all the top seed banks from less than $5 a seed! Single seeds with no minimum order and discreet, guaranteed worldwide shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here