Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: cookies or munchies for diabetic

Posted by marlingardener (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 14:33

At church this morning we received the name of a nursing home patient that doesn't have family or friends. We will be giving her small gifts at Christmas, and would like to include some home-made treats. Could anyone share a recipe for cookies or munchies appropriate for a diabetic diet? I could get the store-bought cookies, but have heard they don't have much taste, and anyway, home-made shows someone cares. Thank you in advance--and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: cookies or munchies for diabetic

You might like to check out the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diabetic Gourmet

o

How about some spiced nuts. I make cookie baskets for our customers and always include spiced nuts for those who can not eat sugar, they are always well recieved and appreciated. I'll look for my recipe and send it along! Gina

o
Spiced Nuts

Here is my Spiced Nut Recipe:
Spiced Nuts

2-TBSPs. Butter
3- cups nuts ( I use a combo of walnuts, pecans,peanuts and almonds)
1-TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
1-tsp. Chili powder
-tsp. Garlic salt
- tsp Cayenne pepper

Melt butter in pan in a 300 degree oven. Add Worcestershire sauce and nuts. Mix well. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove nuts from oven and sprinkle with spices.

o

Thank you! Ginger, the site you referenced has a shortbread recipe that will do just fine. And obxgina, I hadn't thought of spiced nuts. We are knee-deep in pecans here in Texas, and the recipe sounds so good I may make a batch for us! The nuts will keep well, too, in a pretty little tin I found. It's beginning to look like a very merry Christmas for some little elderly lady!

o

You're most welcome. Hope she likes them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here