|Anyone have a T&T recipe for lemon poundcake? Thank you.|
|This works without the blueberries: |
BLUEBERRY-LEMON POUND CAKE
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar, divided
6 eggs, separated
Grated zest of 3 lemons
2 TBL lemon juice
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup plain yogurt
Pinch of cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups blueberries, tossed with 1 1/2 TBL flour
In a large bowl, cream the butter & add 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, beating until the mixture is light & fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, 1 at a time & add the lemon juice & zest. Sift the flour & baking soda into a medium bowl & add alternately w/the yogurt to the butter-sugar combination.
|Barefoot Contessa's lemon pound cake |
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the glaze:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
Make the cake
Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
|Thank you Ginger and Glenda. Both recipes sound yummy!|
Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here