Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Oreo Truffles

Posted by cookingrvc (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 22, 08 at 11:56

Figured I'd post this for all the newcomers and for those of us who can't seem to remember a blessed thing (yes, I have begun THAT journey).

So simple that the kids could take over once the 'dough' is made.

I've purchased candy boxes and truffles cups from the craft store. Wrapped in gold ribbon they make a pretty and thoughtful gift for colleagues and hostesses.

Oreo Truffles
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8 oz block cream cheese
Melting chocolate (I dip in milk chocolate and then drizzle white chocolate as a decoration)
Crushed nuts, sprinkles, whatever.

In a food processor, process the Oreo until fine. add cream cheese and process until the 'dough' is uniformly colored with no traces of white lumps from the cream cheese.

You can chill the dough for 30 minutes but it is not necessary. Working quickly (or they start melting sort of) roll into small balls (smaller than a golf ball).

Dip into melted chocolate, then drizzle with white or other colored chocolate and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. You can also roll the dipped balls in crushed nuts or whatever suits your fancy.

Chill.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Oreo Truffles

I've made the Oreo truffles and they were very good. One year, for gifts I made tins with them and with these orange flavored chocolate balls. They were a little more work than the Oreo ones but easy enough for those of us who don't want to mess with candy thermometers, etc.

ORANGE CHOCOLATE MELTAWAYS

1 pkg. (11-1/2 oz.) milk chocolate chips
1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. grated orange peel
2-1/2 tsp. orange extract
1-1/2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans

Coating:
1 cup (6 oz.) milk or dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening

Place chocolate chips in a mixing bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minutes; whisk until smooth. Add the extract. Cover and chill 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.

Beat for 10-15 seconds or just until mixture lightens in color (do not over beat). Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 5 minutes. Gently shape into balls; roll half the balls in pecans. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate for coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in chocolate coating. Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in refrigerator. YIELD: 6 dozen.

o

Sue I cant tell you how many dozens of these I have made over the years ever since you first posted this! Thanks again!

o

Use the Mint Oreo, they are to die for.
I will try the Orange Chocolate Meltaways.
gmom2-6boys

o

gmom, the mint oreo sounds good.

Eillen, hey. I know, this is really a nice addition to a dessert table.

s

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here