Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juniebug_2006

LOOKING for: Cookie to be assembled

juniebug-2006
16 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for ideas for cookies that need to be assembled. I'm thinking of the cute little mouse cookies that were popular a couple of years ago where you would dip a cherry (that had a stem) in chocolate and place it next to a chocolate kiss on a chocolate wafer, and then would use sliced almonds for it's ears and red food gel for it's eyes. Are there any other creative ideas out there for something similiar?

Thanks much for your help!

Chris

Comments (9)

• booberry85
    16 years ago

I made these a few years ago. There were a huge hit.

Peanut Butter Christmas Mice

Cookie type: molded or formed

This recipe came out of Taste of HomeÂs December / January 2004 issue. These were a huge hit amongst children of all ages. The recipe was submitted by Nancy Rowse. This makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Ingredients:
    1 cup creamy peanut butter
    ½ cup butter, softened
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ cup packed brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 teas vanilla extract
    1 ½ cups flour
    ½ teas baking soda
    ½ cup peanut halves
    2 tablespoons green and red M & M miniature baking bits
    4 teas miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
    60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears. Add one M & M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for a tail. Remove and cool completely.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Check out Crunchy the Snowman & the Doughnut Snowmen (among others) at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Cookies

• caliloo
    16 years ago

I tried to click on several of the names and all said "The recipe no longer exixts". I hope the site is just experiencing difficulties and will be up later....

Alexa

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

How weird. It was there yesterday. Here's a link to a video of how to make the Crunchy the Snowman. I can't see videos on my dial-up but check & see if it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crunchy the Snowman video

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here's the cached version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crunchy the Snowman

• juniebug-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Ginger, once again you have come to my rescue! The Crunchy snowman, and the Donut snowman are exactly what I'm looking for. Actually I made the Crunchy snowman last night and they really are cute.
    Booberry85, your recipe sounds good too and I want to try it, but have one question. When you pinch the ball of dough is the pinched end the front or the back of the mouse? You wouldn't by any chance have a picture of the mouse cookie that you could post?
    Thank you both very very much. I love making cookies that are a little different from the norm when putting together a cookie tray.
    Chris

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

You're very welcome. I thought the Crunch Snowman was pretty cute, too.

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Here's a link with a picture. I pinched the front end to make a nose.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peanut Butter Christmas Mice

• juniebug-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Booberry85, thank you so much for posting the link. Those cookies are even cutier than I imagined! I will be making these for sure, maybe for a cookie exchange that I'm participating in. Or maybe I'll keep them all for myself!
    Thanks again!
    Chris

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath