Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Cookie to be assembled

Posted by juniebug-2006 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 11:22

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for ideas for cookies that need to be assembled. I'm thinking of the cute little mouse cookies that were popular a couple of years ago where you would dip a cherry (that had a stem) in chocolate and place it next to a chocolate kiss on a chocolate wafer, and then would use sliced almonds for it's ears and red food gel for it's eyes. Are there any other creative ideas out there for something similiar?

Thanks much for your help!
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Cookie to be assembled

I made these a few years ago. There were a huge hit.

Peanut Butter Christmas Mice

Cookie type: molded or formed

This recipe came out of Taste of Homes December / January 2004 issue. These were a huge hit amongst children of all ages. The recipe was submitted by Nancy Rowse. This makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
cup butter, softened
cup sugar
cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teas vanilla extract
1 cups flour
teas baking soda
cup peanut halves
2 tablespoons green and red M & M miniature baking bits
4 teas miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears. Add one M & M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for a tail. Remove and cool completely.

o

Check out Crunchy the Snowman & the Doughnut Snowmen (among others) at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Cookies

o

I tried to click on several of the names and all said "The recipe no longer exixts". I hope the site is just experiencing difficulties and will be up later....

Alexa

o

How weird. It was there yesterday. Here's a link to a video of how to make the Crunchy the Snowman. I can't see videos on my dial-up but check & see if it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crunchy the Snowman video

o

Here's the cached version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crunchy the Snowman

o

Hey Ginger, once again you have come to my rescue! The Crunchy snowman, and the Donut snowman are exactly what I'm looking for. Actually I made the Crunchy snowman last night and they really are cute.
Booberry85, your recipe sounds good too and I want to try it, but have one question. When you pinch the ball of dough is the pinched end the front or the back of the mouse? You wouldn't by any chance have a picture of the mouse cookie that you could post?
Thank you both very very much. I love making cookies that are a little different from the norm when putting together a cookie tray.
Chris

o

You're very welcome. I thought the Crunch Snowman was pretty cute, too.

o

Here's a link with a picture. I pinched the front end to make a nose.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peanut Butter Christmas Mice

o

Booberry85, thank you so much for posting the link. Those cookies are even cutier than I imagined! I will be making these for sure, maybe for a cookie exchange that I'm participating in. Or maybe I'll keep them all for myself!
Thanks again!
Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here