Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: central european cooking

Posted by valcs (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 10:51

hi, i have started a central european cooking blog in english. i would like to know if it appeals to the english speaking world. would you try any of them? do you find these recipes too "fatty"? thanx a lot

site is at
http://www.emperorscrumbs.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Emperors Crumbs Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: central european cooking

I just took a look at your blog and it looks very interesting and very well done. Several years ago we went to Budapest for Christmas and had a delightful time eating our way thru the open air market there. I have book marked your site and will be glad to try some of your recipes when I can get all of the ingredients...any suggestions as to what you could substitute for the Hungarian sausage?
One thing we did come away from there with was a love for the Paprika Cream that they put on their bread....I do order it here. Good luck with your blog.

o

I like your blog and your recipes. A few weeks ago I made lentil soup (the Barefoot Contessa's recipe) for the first time and we enjoyed it (but I used turkey kielbasa, Hillshire brand, and it is quite tasty :) So I certainly want to try your lentil soup (it *looks* more attractive than mine). Years ago I made noodles with sauted cabbage (that I sprinkled sugar on) and loved it. I'll be checking on your blog for new recipes to try and I wish you the best as you move to San Francisco (lucky you!!). Ann

o

Enjoyed the blog very much and have saved to my favorites for future viewing.

o

thank you very much. your comments give us motivation to continue.
as a substitute for Hungarian sausage you should try spicy (not hot, but peppery) hot-dogs. when i was in CA during the summer i found turkey hot-dogs. It is not the same as the real Hungarian stuff but it works ok. Also the Hungarian sausages I mention are basically dried paprika sausages. Try some Italian delis they might have something similar. When we move to us I will try to find substitutes for CE ingredients and I will write about it (i am a crazy man, i love to shop for food... and also wash dishes ;) ).

Here is a link that might be useful: Emperors Crumbs Blog

o

I, also, am extremely interested. Will certainly be a follower of "Emperor's Crumbs"!! Thank you !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here