Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: appetizers using......

Posted by theinnkeeper (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 07 at 10:48

leftover mashed potatoes. I had a dinner yesterday and fed about 60 football boys and I have a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes. Tomorrow I am in charge of a hospitality room for a concert that our church is putting on. Any ideas on how to put these mashed potatoes to work as an appetizer??

Thanks,
Marla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: appetizers using......

I make a rye bread usind mashed potatoes in it...you could make buns.
I also have made fish balls using dried cod, egg mashed potatoes and rolling in crumbs and deep frying....very yummy.
And can you make gnocci and serve them on a tooth pick with a dipping sauce?
Linda C

o

You could also make mini salmon cakes served with a nice remoulade.

Or perhaps add some chopped green onions and press them into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking oil. Cook until nice and firm and then fill with a tourtiere type filling or a cheese and carmelized onion mixture, heat until bubbly.

o

Here's a recipe you could play around with.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mashed Potato with Tahini

o

Was it on Foodnetwork that they took mashed potatoes and put them around a square of cheese, made a ball and then rolled them in bread crumbs and fried them? I think it was.

They looked good.

o

Ham croquettes are a popular appetizer here, served on a toothpick and arranged on platters.

Here's a link to a recipe for the way I've seen them made:

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Ham Croquettes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here