Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Your favorite blueberry muffin recipe

Posted by lisa_in_germany (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 19, 06 at 9:29

I need to make blueberry muffins for my SIL's boyfriends' birthday party.
I would love to have your favorite T&T recipe for them.
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Your favorite blueberry muffin recipe

This is a recipe I really like.

JORDAN MARSH BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1 pkg. Blueberries

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Mix dry ingredients and milk, alternately with creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill paper lined tins to top. Sprinkle with sugar before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Shut off oven, let sit in oven for a few minutes until nicely browned.

o

This recipe is from King Arthur flour and it's the only one I use now.
Blueberry Muffins
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 cups blueberries, either fresh or frozen, wild Maine berries preferred
1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Preheat your oven to 375F. Grease 12 muffin cups generously; a vegetable oil pan spray works well.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until they're light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in the milk and vanilla. mixing only until smooth. Quickly stir in the berries.

Fill the muffin cups 3/4 to almost full, using all of the batter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake the muffins for 30 minutes, until they're light golden brown, remove them from the oven, and place the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, run a knife around the edge of one muffin, and try to lift it out of the pan. (These muffins are very tender, and if they don't cool long enough, they'll crumble when you try to remove them from the pan.) If the muffin lifts out of the pan without crumbling, remove all of the muffins and cool them completely on a wire rack. If the muffin sticks or the top peels off, allow them to cool an additional 10 minutes, then try again. Yield: 12 muffins

o

This recipe was originally posted by Ann T and has become one of our favorites.

Individual Blueberry-Coconut Pound Cake Muffins
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 7 muffins
User Rating:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons freshly grated Orange, lemon or lime zest
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter and flour 7 (1/2-cup) muffin cups (just butter if nonstick).
Beat together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in cream, then flour and salt, on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and gently stir in blueberries.
Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut.
Bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean and edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Invert onto a rack and cool.

o

Momj47,
Man oh man! I remember how good those blueberry muffins were! My mom and I always made a trip to the bakery counter at JM anytime we shopped downtown. Even if we only shopped Filene's Basement that day.
Boy, I miss Jordan Marsh and Raymonds and Woolworths, too. No Filene's anymore, either. It's very sad.
Do you remember Baileys Ice Cream Shoppe? People are always trying to find the recipe for their famously delicious hot fudge sauce! In fact, Lydia Shire (a noted Boston chef) who took over Lockobers when it was going to close, just spent the last year working on the hot fudge sauce.. and I think the butterscotch topping, too.
Some of these famous Boston food traditions bring back such happy memories. My Mom always treated us to dinner at Anthony's Pier 4 for big milestone celebrations. A very, very big deal! We were poor most of the time! We always started with a shrimp cocktail with humongous shrimp and both of us always got the lobster thermidor, a 4 lb lobster ... followed with Strawberries Romanov for dessert! YUM!
Oh well, at least we still have the Hole In The Wall Deli..their Romanian Pastrami sandwich is to die for!

Thanks for the memories,

Silly

o

Here's my personal fav:

BANANA BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed banana
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or line with paper, 12 muffin cups. In a large bowl measure first 6 ingredients. Stir to mix. Make a well in center. In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Mix in cooking oil, buttermilk and bananas. Stir until about half moistened; add blueberries. Continue stirring just until completely moistened. Batter may be lumpy. Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden and muffins test done.

Posted at Mimis Cyber-Kitchen by Marian C. Brown 3/19/00.

o

Jeeze! I knew, somewhere, in the back of my mind that I didn't have the right name for the lobster dish that my Mom and I always got...silly, considering that I was focusing on food memories. Silly, still, that I would make a point to correct it. But, I guess what I really miss is my Mom and those food memories are all about my Mom and me...Ya, I miss the food, but mostly, I miss THOSE foods because it was my Mom that turned me on to them and how, very, much we enjoyed them, together.
It was Lobster Savanah (not sure of the proper spelling), not Lobster Thermidor.
Not that we didn't like Lobster Thermidor...we sure did...that, and many, many other lobster dishes...but LS was really, really special..ya know what I mean?

Silly ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~really, really missing her Mom

o

These are my Mom's blueberry muffins - very basic, nothing fancy, but to me still the best just-plain-blueberry muffins. (Note: this is a perfect sized recipe for my Mom's muffin pans, but her pans are old, and the muffins they make are small by today's standards. If your pans make the larger muffins that are more popular these days, you may want to double the recipe.)

1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. well-drained fresh blueberries, or 3/4 c. canned

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom of muffin cups or use paper baking cups. Beat egg; stir in milk and oil. Blend dry ingredients thoroughly, breaking up all lumps; stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy - do not over-mix. Carefully fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Optional: sprinkle sugar over batter before baking (I like to use about 1 tsp. per muffin). Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

o

I had these at sheshebop's house last year. It's a keeper!

Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Source: Cooking Light Magazine

1 dozen (serving size: 1 muffin)
RECIPE INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 cup blueberries

Cooking spray
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
RECIPE METHOD

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.

Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.

Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.

NOTE: You can make these muffins up to 2 days ahead and glaze them the morning of the brunch.

o

This orginally appeared in Country Living magazine many years ago, but I haven't found any recipe I like any better.

BOSTONIAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1 c. flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. plus 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 to 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin cups. Combine dry ingredients, except 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar, in bowl and blend. In separate bowl toss berries with 1 tablespoon dry ingredients - set aside. Cool melted butter, stir in milk, eggs and vanilla.

Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in berries. Spoon into muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing.

Teresa

o

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS:
Won 1st place at a local fair

2 Lg eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour (save a TSP for flouring berries)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together eggs,oil,sour cream, and sugar. Combine all the dry ingredients, mix well. Dust berries and gentle fold into batter. Put 12 muffin papers into pan and fill 3/4 full of batter, sprinkle top with some sugar. Bake for about 25 minutes or until done.

o

Here's one that's quick, easy, moist and awfully good.

Combine:
2 C. Flour
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/3 C. Sugar

Combine:
1 Egg
1 C. Milk
1/4 C. Oil

Make well in center of dry ingredients
Pour egg/milk mixture in center and stir just until moistened.
Fold in 1 C. Blueberries, partly thawed.

Spray muffin tin with Pam, fill 2/3 full
Bake 15-20 minutes at 425

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here