Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Thanksgiving leftover Roll

Posted by nancy_jean (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 21, 08 at 9:16

My new Husband told me that his grandma use to make a "Leftover Thanksgiving roll" usually chopped turkey and potatoes and gravy-wrapped in a light airy crust. No one in the family has been able to duplicate the recipe and since I never had it - I have no idea what hes talking about!!! Does this ring a bell with anyone?? I'd love to surprise him with this meal..........TYIA Nancy jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Thanksgiving leftover Roll

You might be able to adapt the recipe at the site below using leftover mashed potatoes. I'm sure she didn't use the pastrami, either but check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey roll

o
RE: LOOKING for: Another Thanksgiving leftover Roll

Here's another to check out. It calls for cooked rice but that could be switched with potatoes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey Coulibiac

o

ty ty I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew someone here would know about this recipe...........I even thought about the pre-made Puff Pastry Sheets ...............wow ty !!! Im gonna try both- ty again Nancy

o

Hope they work!

o

OK- I used Bisquick- as the bread and stuffed it w/ leftover turkey stuffing and gravy--------------what a treat ty everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NJ

o

I was going to suggest that it was a Thanksgiving version of a Runza.
Perhaps Grandma used a yeast dough? Was Grandma German? Or did she come from Nebraska?

Here is a link that might be useful: runza

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here