Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: crock pot stuffing

Posted by lor13915 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 25, 08 at 9:03

Does anyone have a good recipe for making Thanksgiving Day dressing in a crock pot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: crock pot stuffing

I copied and saved this recipe but am not sure who originally posted it. My apologies to the OP. I have not made it yet, but it sounds like it would be a big success:

Slow Cooker Cornbread Casserole
"This is a great, basic dressing to bring to a pot-luck. It's actually very good!"

4 cups cornbread crumbs
1 (16 oz) package herb stuffing mix
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans chicken broth
1 med onion, chopped
cup chopped celery
4 large eggs
1 T rubbed sage
tsp salt
tsp pepper
2 T butter, cut up.

Stir together cornbread crumbs, stuffing mix, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour cornbread mixture into a greased crockpot (spray with Pam). Place cut up butter pieces on top. Cook on low for 4 hours.

o
RE: LOOKING for: crock pot stuffing

Here is the one that my Mom always made. The turkey was always cooked the day before so she was able to make her own turkey broth.

Moms Dressing

2 loaves white bread
5 eggs
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/4 cups celery
3/4 cup onion
4 cups turkey broth
Salt and pepper

Cube bread. Saut celery and onion in margarine. Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into baking dish or crockpot.

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour or bake 45 minutes on high in crockpot, then 4-8 hours on low. It usually takes about 6 hours in the crockpot.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here