Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl70ks

LOOKING for: good slo cooker recipe for pulled pork

flowergirl70ks
15 years ago

I would like T&T slo-cooker recipe for pulled pork and how many it serves?

Comments (6)

• heyreub
    15 years ago

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crockpot Pork Barbecue

Recipe By : Reuben Ware
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:30
    Categories : Crockpot

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 large Boston butt pork roast -- 4-5 pounds
    1 can Coca Cola (regular not diet)
    4 cups water -- enough to cover meat
    1 large bay leaf
    1 large onion -- sliced
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon liquid Barbecue Smoke®

Sauce
    2 cups ketchup
    1 cup apple cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons onion -- minced
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 clove garlic -- minced
    2 tablespoons molasses
    1 tablespoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 large lemon -- juiced

Cut roast into two or three pieces. Trim the excess fat from the roast. Season the meat moderately with black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of liquid smoke. Place the roast in the crock pot and pour the liquids in. Turn it on low and cook for 8-12 hours.

Turn the crock pot off and remove the roast to a large bowl or platter. It will be very hot and falling apart. Dispose of the cooking liquid. After the meat has cooled enough that it can be handled, remove the fat and shred the meat with two forks. Return the meat to the crock pot. Add the barbecue sauce and stir thoroughly. Add enough sauce to cover but not cover up the meat. The sauce should be there to moisten and flavor rather than to drown it.

Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add to shredded pork.

• flowergirl70ks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, I may try both recipes, they both sound great.

• benflower
    15 years ago

Hey -- If you like eastern NC BBQ-- the vinegar sauce is the way to go. I did one in the crockpot last weekend and used a "MCCormick pulled pork seasoning packet. (I'm a real cook-- but I try the quick way sometimes) It was great-- I did not add as much ketchup as the packet called for and added more vinegar and red pepper flakes. I didn't get it going until about 11:00 am-- so I cooked it on high for about 6 hours. It fell off the bone and was really good. You could probably use whatever sauce or rub you like, but the seasoning packet was EASY.

By the way-- the very best way to do BBQ is on the grill, pull or chop and then add the sauce-- but this is a lot of trouble-- fun in the summertime though. I would guess a lean 6 lb. roast would yield enough for about 12-15 people

• flowergirl70ks
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the short version. I have copied all the recipes and certainly appreciate all the replies.

• Aiguo21
    13 years ago

I picked up a nice big pork shoulder at Whole Foods and put it into my slow cooker with some homemade barbecue sauce. pass4sure 70-503 I noticed, when I was researching various different pulled pork recipes, that most donâÂÂt call to use that much cooking liquid/bbq sauce in with the meat. pass4sure 70-663 IâÂÂve always found that things in my slow cooker work best when there is quite a bit of liquid and so I ended up making a really big batch of sauce. pass4sure mb3-527 I put half into the slow cooker to infuse the meat and reserved half, pouring it onto the finished pulled pork when I served it on top of my homemade yogurt sandwich rolls. pass4sure 70-516 More barbecue sauce is generally a good thing in my book, especially with a tangy one like this.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!