Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Filling for Pumpkin Roll?

Posted by sharon_fl (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 8:25

I traditionally make the usual cream cheese filling for my pumpkin rolls but I have this urge to do an orange cream cheese filling or something. Planned on adding 2-3TBS of OJ concentrate & dried orange bits. Do orange & pumpkin go together? Or any other ideas for a filling?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Filling for Pumpkin Roll?

Pumpkin and orange are great together...
Other things to consider might be flavoring the frosting with a little Frangelico and adding some chopped hazlenuts.
But I think I would do orange.
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup softened butter
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange rind

o

Orange sounds good, or how about a maple cream cheese frosting
1 c butter
1 c dark brown sugar
1 c confectioners sugar
16 oz cream cheese
1 t maple flavoring
1/2 t allspice

o

With anything pumpkin I like whipped cream but I like anything with whipped cream. Anyhow, check out the Toffee Cream Filling at the link below. You could omit the rum easily if you didn't want to use it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Roll with Toffee Cream Filling

o

Thank you gals! So, I'm going to do BOTH the orange & the toffee cream fillings for my 2 rolls. Thanks again for your suggestions!

o

You're welcome! Happy Thanksgiving!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here