Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Lemon Supreme Pie (Baker's Square)

Posted by hgtvme (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 1:40

I was in a Baker's Square restaurant over the weekend and tried the Lemon Supreme Pie. It was very tasty. I'm looking for a recipe so I can make this myself and so far I've found this one, but if anyone has a good recipe for a Lemon pie with a cream cheese layer I would like to try yours too. Recipe from CooksRecipe.com:

The combination of the cream cheese and tart lemon makes this a wonderful pie!

1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (see recipe)

Lemon Filling:
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Cream Cheese Filling:
2 packages (one 8-ounces and one 3-ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Line unbaked and unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450*F (230*C) for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cool and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice, careful not to over mix. cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. fold in whipped topping an lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into shell; top with lemon filling. Chill overnight. Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe stars onto pie. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Lemon Supreme Pie (Baker's Square)

Thanks for the recipe, I just love anything lemon! I don't have a similar recipe but one of my favorites (taste and ease of prep) is Tracey's Lemon Sponge Pie. Since I'm out of pumpkin pie (finally, LOL) I think I need to make something lemon!

Posted by TRACEYS (My Page) on Wed, Jul 16, 03 at 9:36
I use my moms pie crust recipe that uses lard but you can use whatever you prefer. If I can make a pie anyone can.

LEMON SPONGE PIE

1 9" pie shell unbaked
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 Cup sugar
2 Eggs separated
1/8 Teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 Cup milk

Beat egg whites until stiff.
Combine butter, egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and zest, and sugar then and in flour and beat(I usually just use a whisk). Add milk and mix well. Fold in egg whites and pour into pie shell.

Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for additional 30 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here