Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taft

RECIPE: Lemon Supreme Pie (Baker's Square)

taft
17 years ago

I was in a Baker's Square restaurant over the weekend and tried the Lemon Supreme Pie. It was very tasty. I'm looking for a recipe so I can make this myself and so far I've found this one, but if anyone has a good recipe for a Lemon pie with a cream cheese layer I would like to try yours too. Recipe from CooksRecipe.com:

The combination of the cream cheese and tart lemon makes this a wonderful pie!

1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (see recipe)

Lemon Filling:

1 1/2 cups sugar

6 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cups water

2 tablespoons butter

2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

2/3 cup fresh lemon juice

Cream Cheese Filling:

2 packages (one 8-ounces and one 3-ounces) cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup powdered sugar

1 1/2 cups non-dairy whipped topping

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Line unbaked and unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450*F (230*C) for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cool and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice, careful not to over mix. cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. fold in whipped topping an lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into shell; top with lemon filling. Chill overnight. Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe stars onto pie. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor